Gaming PC - I need a judgement
(10-02-2012, 07:51 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Pardon me, but could you guys possibly answer my question instead of going semi-off topic? (not because I want to ruin the fun buuut) Smile

I don't know anything about computers, but I'd go with the GTX970 and the i5 - 3570k
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
3570k and 670 should cut it :>
The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • FuttBucker24
(10-02-2012, 07:43 PM)Baseplate Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 07:34 PM)Birdie Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 07:33 PM)Baseplate Wrote: As far as I was told by a Computer Technician there is no games that require more than 4 GB's of Ram, YET.
And there won't be the next year or so.

But, RAM is so cheap right now you can easily get 8GB.

Sure, but there is no way in hell that you are gonna need 32GB Ram, at the time so many rams are required the rest of your PC will be outdated anyway.

Alright everyone, stand the *** back. This computer is going to make you ass shit your pants, if not, your pants will shit your ass!

This is the Legendary Kraken v2OF DEATH

dam dam dam daaaaaaam

Specs:

EVGA Classified SR-X -emolevy, Dual QPI LGA2011 Xeon E5
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W -Processor, 3.1GHz
12x8gb DDR3 1600MHz keskusmuistia (Total of 96Gb)
4 x 120GB Kingston 3K SSD + LSI Megaraid SAS RAID kortti (Raid 0)
3 x 3TB SATA III-kiintolevy
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX690, 4GB -näytönohjain
Polttava Blu-ray -asema
Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set -äänikortti & headset
Lian Li PC-V2120B -kotelo
1500W virtalähde
Windows Ultimate 64-bi
Vesijäähdytys (Made by Miska©)!!!
2 x Swiftec MCP35X 12V pumppu
2 x EK-Supreme HF Acetal CPU-blokki
2 x EK-FC690GTX Acetal Full Cover -näytönohjainblokki
EK-CoolStream Rad XT 360 -jäähdytin
Ek-CoolStream Rad XTC 280 -jäähdytin

16/12mm letkut sekä liittimet

Get it all for only, 11311.00 Euro - 14.604,76 USD - 84.325,06 DKK - 9.036,48 GBP- 96.343,77 SEK - 83.384,61 NOK

Isnt it cheap?

I'll take 3 of them please. The ram of 96 GB is fully needed so that I use Google at the same tame as a play garrys mod (lol!!!!)
(10-02-2012, 06:32 PM)Birdie Wrote: TheMonsterMash, as you seem to know a lot about PC's and CPU's in general (YES SARCASM INTENDED), you must know that the i7 has little no none advantages over an i5 for gaming? Don't recommend stuff which you know nothing about.

Fillehh, i7 can be switched out for a 3570k. Why'd you put a notebook drive in a desktop system? Replace the Scorpio Blue by something 3,5". Sabertooth is a nice board, but is it completely necessary to get such a sexy board when you're getting a closed case? Intel 330 is good, but can be replaced by Samsung 830, Vertex 4 or Crucial M4. 670 is good Wink

Bluerider, 670 can play BF3 on Ultra as well.

You are a complete retard. An i7 is far superior to an i5. Anyone can tell you that. The hyperthreading allows it to multitask much faster and it essentially is £50 more if that and is far superior to an i5 in every way. You realize the hyper threading essentially makes it an 8 core CPU plus the Turbo boost technology is far superior. All in all an i7 is better.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1131...iablo3-sc2 might give you some information.

i7 would allow better multitasking and if he's anyone like me he'll be running Steam, Origin, Xfire etc. Possibly even Fraps.

If I honestly know nothing about computers then why would I be the highest in my class at a course aimed for IT Engineers...

Think before you speak kid.

"There are no games that require 4GB memory as of yet" There are games on Steam that recommend at least 3GB free RAM. If you multitask then the extra is great. Yes I don't need over 16GB at all but I already explained about the fiber connection coming soon that is 1GBPS uncapped downloads (1gbps up and down) and therefore I also use Windows XP mode (Virtual desktop) I use a lot more stuff than the average user. I feel 32GB ram is more than enough possible overkill but it's not a huge amount more...

16GB is fine for gamers currently but I will be getting 32GB so yeah it's my choice not yours. I know what I'm talking about. It's dirt cheap ram and I will essentially be turning my PC into a local game server or two for friends and such so yeah I feel 32GB is a great amount.

Get off my back and stop trying to act smart...

StillAlive the i7 is far superior to an i5 in almost every way. The only way its not superior is the price but it's not a fuck ton more. Why not splash out a little and future proof your PC more so.

It is far better for multitasking and the average gamer would benefit more so.

Birdie I never really talked to you but from your post I can tell you're an utter c**t.
Calm down, both of you. Stop insulting or warnings will be handed out.

MonsterMash you seem to know quite a lot about computers.
So if I told you that I would purely need the PC for gaming would an i5 3750K + 8 GB RAM + GTX670 then do the job perfectly?

I'm wanting to play all high end games on highest graphics possibly by the way. (Metro 2033, BF3, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 etc)
(10-02-2012, 08:09 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 06:32 PM)Birdie Wrote: TheMonsterMash, as you seem to know a lot about PC's and CPU's in general (YES SARCASM INTENDED), you must know that the i7 has little no none advantages over an i5 for gaming? Don't recommend stuff which you know nothing about.

Fillehh, i7 can be switched out for a 3570k. Why'd you put a notebook drive in a desktop system? Replace the Scorpio Blue by something 3,5". Sabertooth is a nice board, but is it completely necessary to get such a sexy board when you're getting a closed case? Intel 330 is good, but can be replaced by Samsung 830, Vertex 4 or Crucial M4. 670 is good Wink

Bluerider, 670 can play BF3 on Ultra as well.

You are a complete retard. An i7 is far superior to an i5. Anyone can tell you that. The hyperthreading allows it to multitask much faster and it essentially is £50 more if that and is far superior to an i5 in every way. You realize the hyper threading essentially makes it an 8 core CPU plus the Turbo boost technology is far superior. All in all an i7 is better.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1131...iablo3-sc2 might give you some information.

i7 would allow better multitasking and if he's anyone like me he'll be running Steam, Origin, Xfire etc. Possibly even Fraps.

If I honestly know nothing about computers then why would I be the highest in my class at a course aimed for IT Engineers...

Think before you speak kid.

"There are no games that require 4GB memory as of yet" There are games on Steam that recommend at least 3GB free RAM. If you multitask then the extra is great. Yes I don't need over 16GB at all but I already explained about the fiber connection coming soon that is 1GBPS uncapped downloads (1gbps up and down) and therefore I also use Windows XP mode (Virtual desktop) I use a lot more stuff than the average user. I feel 32GB ram is more than enough possible overkill but it's not a huge amount more...

16GB is fine for gamers currently but I will be getting 32GB so yeah it's my choice not yours. I know what I'm talking about. It's dirt cheap ram and I will essentially be turning my PC into a local game server or two for friends and such so yeah I feel 32GB is a great amount.

Get off my back and stop trying to act smart...

StillAlive the i7 is far superior to an i5 in almost every way. The only way its not superior is the price but it's not a *** ton more. Why not splash out a little and future proof your PC more so.

It is far better for multitasking and the average gamer would benefit more so.

Birdie I never really talked to you but from your post I can tell you're an utter c**t.

I said an i7 doesn't make any difference in gaming. For multithreaded applications, an i7 does make a difference.
The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • FuttBucker24
(10-02-2012, 07:33 PM)Baseplate Wrote: As far as I was told by a Computer Technician there is no games that require more than 4 GB's of Ram, YET.

StillAlive, there is always

THE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/wmd.html

Well, even though its 6.061,86 USD its pretty neat, also the cabinet is custom made of authentic Military Ammo Boxes. :I

Sure, but there is no way in hell that you are gonna need 32GB Ram, at the time so many rams are required the rest of your PC will be outdated anyway.

Alright everyone, stand the *** back. This computer is going to make you ass shit your pants, if not, your pants will shit your ass!

dam dam dam daaaaaaam

Specs:

Polttava Blu-ray -asema
1500W virtalähde
Windows Ultimate 64-bi

Get it all for only, 11311.00 Euro - 14.604,76 USD - 84.325,06 DKK - 9.036,48 GBP- 96.343,77 SEK - 83.384,61 NOK

Isnt it cheap?

(10-02-2012, 08:17 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Calm down, both of you. Stop insulting or warnings will be handed out.

So if I told you that I would purely need the PC for gaming would an i5 3750K + 8 GB RAM + GTX670 then do the job perfectly?

I'm wanting to play all high end games on highest graphics possibly by the way. (Metro 2033, BF3, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 etc)

Honestly yes it would probably do you fine. A lot of the strain is on the graphics card with maybe 25-35% on a quad core for the game if required. If you plan on using a lot of tasks and such and want to benefit more so I suggest the i7. I would also recommend if it's not a huge amount more $10-15 getting 16GB ram. They may laugh at me for it but in all honesty most of these games require 3GB ram or so free roughly... Background processes, Windows, after a few months of installing programs e.g itunes and what not. You'll probably use atleast 3-4GB ram while using a game. Yes theres 4GB free but if it's not too much more 16GB ram would be far greater seeing as the ram holds as much information as it can but is lost as soon as the power is lost.

Basically it's what floats your boat. Getting the ram now while it's cheap will probably be a better benefit as you won't be buying RAM later.
(10-02-2012, 08:33 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: I would also recommend if it's not a huge amount more $10-15 getting 16GB ram.

Link to a website selling 8GB RAM for 10$?
(10-02-2012, 08:41 PM)Birdie Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 08:33 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: I would also recommend if it's not a huge amount more $10-15 getting 16GB ram.

Link to a website selling 8GB RAM for 10$?

That isn't what I said.

I said: if 16GB is only $10-20 more than 8GB get 16GB.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820576009 as an example. I know it's not the best but it's a good example.
(10-02-2012, 08:33 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote:

StillAlive, there is always

THE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/wmd.html

Well, even though its 6.061,86 USD its pretty neat, also the cabinet is custom made of authentic Military Ammo Boxes. :I

dam dam dam daaaaaaam

Specs:

Polttava Blu-ray -asema
1500W virtalähde
Windows Ultimate 64-bi

Isnt it cheap?

(10-02-2012, 08:17 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Calm down, both of you. Stop insulting or warnings will be handed out.

Honestly yes it would probably do you fine. A lot of the strain is on the graphics card with maybe 25-35% on a quad core for the game if required. If you plan on using a lot of tasks and such and want to benefit more so I suggest the i7. I would also recommend if it's not a huge amount more $10-15 getting 16GB ram. They may laugh at me for it but in all honesty most of these games require 3GB ram or so free roughly... Background processes, Windows, after a few months of installing programs e.g itunes and what not. You'll probably use atleast 3-4GB ram while using a game. Yes theres 4GB free but if it's not too much more 16GB ram would be far greater seeing as the ram holds as much information as it can but is lost as soon as the power is lost.

Basically it's what floats your boat. Getting the ram now while it's cheap will probably be a better benefit as you won't be buying RAM later.

The i7 is only an i5 with hyperthreading. The gaming performance is literally nothing at all when it comes to gaming. i5-3570K is one of the best gaming CPUs to get as of now and that is basically set in stone.
The only use where an i7 is remotely useful is with video rendering, developing or just modeling, where it requires the sharing of resources to perform at optimal settings.

8GB of RAM is one of the best choices to get and at the moment is basically standard. 8GB of RAM is close to $45, and 16GB starts at around $90, those being the cheaper brands. Go with a decent brand such as Crucial, Corsair, or G-Skill, all of the said provide high performance RAM. Stick with speeds at around 1600 Mhz with 9-9-9-24, as you wont notice much else difference above that. Literally I max out at about 3GB of RAM usage on any game, 8GB is plenty enough.
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • FuttBucker24