Gaming PC - I need a judgement
Alright lads so.. Last time I looked at gaming PC's I suddenly became poor but now I can finally afford a decent one. I've been looking at these two and I need someone to look on them.

1:

Spoiler :
* INTEL i5 3570K 3.4GHZ (3.8GHZ TURBO) UNLOCKED (OC READY)
* ASUS P8Z77-V LX , USB3.0, SATA6G (OC READY)
* GTX680 2GB DDR5 TRIPLEFAN
* COOLERMASTER HYPER-TX3 (OC READY)
* COOLERMASTER GX 650W PSU, 80+ CERTIFIED (OC READY)
* COOLERMASTER ELITE430
* 500GB SATA 6 Gbs HARDDISK, 7200RPM
* 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ HYPER-X RAM, KINGSTON, GAMER RAM
* 22x SATA DVDBRÆNDER +/-, OG DVD-RAM (SAMSUNG)
* CABINET WITH TWO DUST BLOWERS
* 8CH (5.1 & 7.1) SURROUND LYDKORT
* 8x USB PORTS (2stk er USB 3.0) (2 PÅ FRONT, 6 BAGPÅ)
* GIGABIT NETKORT (1000Mbit)
Cost: 1.382 US Dollars

2:

Spoiler :
Exactly the same specs but with GTX 670
Cost: 1.210 US Dollars

What I need is someone to generally look at the computer and then judge whether I need GTX 680 or not seeing as it's quite more expensive.

Oh and yes the parts are exchangeable but only for better parts.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • GhostRider
(10-01-2012, 07:13 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Alright lads so.. Last time I looked at gaming PC's I suddenly became poor but now I can finally afford a decent one. I've been looking at these two and I need someone to look on them.

1:

Spoiler :
* INTEL i5 3570K 3.4GHZ (3.8GHZ TURBO) UNLOCKED (OC READY)
* ASUS P8Z77-V LX , USB3.0, SATA6G (OC READY)
* GTX680 2GB DDR5 TRIPLEFAN
* COOLERMASTER HYPER-TX3 (OC READY)
* COOLERMASTER GX 650W PSU, 80+ CERTIFIED (OC READY)
* COOLERMASTER ELITE430
* 500GB SATA 6 Gbs HARDDISK, 7200RPM
* 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ HYPER-X RAM, KINGSTON, GAMER RAM
* 22x SATA DVDBRÆNDER +/-, OG DVD-RAM (SAMSUNG)
* CABINET WITH TWO DUST BLOWERS
* 8CH (5.1 & 7.1) SURROUND LYDKORT
* 8x USB PORTS (2stk er USB 3.0) (2 PÅ FRONT, 6 BAGPÅ)
* GIGABIT NETKORT (1000Mbit)
Cost: 1.382 US Dollars

2:

Spoiler :
Exactly the same specs but with GTX 670
Cost: 1.210

What I need is someone to generally look at the computer and then judge whether I need GTX 680 or not seeing as it's quite more expensive.

Oh and yes the parts are exchangeable but only for better parts.

I would take the first one. May i ask how much will it cost ?
You practically won't need a 680, just go with the 670 and if you really want to spend the extra money, just get the 680 Smile
You can always get another 670 when you need more performance.
670 and 680 are largely the same in every area that matters. I'd suggest the 670 just because of the price. You really don't need a 680, unless you really want to get in some deep shit, and for the most part, the 670 does the same.
Don't get anything labled "gamer", because it's probably shit.
So you could probably get some cheaper 1333 RAM which you will not be able to tell the difference at all. RAM doesn't need heatspreaders if you're buying a roomy case and have good cable managment (airflow).
Why 500GB HDD? 1TB drives are hardly any different in price, and I'd also reccomend getting a samsung or crucial SSD for your boot drive.
You could skip out on your heat sink for now which will give you more money for the SSD, and replace it at a later date. Intel stock coolers are actually pretty decent for a few years.
Graphics card is your choice. a 680 is very OP so it really depends what you're running here.. I mean a 560Ti can still play lots of games on very high settings so i'd check benchmarks to see what fits you. I personally have a 660Ti.
Ah, thanks for your input guys.

I think I'm going with the GTX670 and then change to 1TB instead for memory.. Perhaps.
Why not build it yourself?
1. I have no experience with computers at all.
2. The price on this website is pretty good.
I would go for a gtx 680 if you wanna play stuff like bf3 on ultra, but I don't know so much about 670, So it's hard to tell
I would like to point out a 2TB hard drive is very cheap now. £60-75 roughly?

Push out the extra £50 for an i7 trust me. Well worth it.

As for graphics card. A 6850 (That I use) can run stuff well but honestly if I build my new pc soon I will be getting either a second 6850 or maybe a 6990 or something. ( Prefer AMD. Stronger cards. )

Honestly. My perfect PC with an i7, 32GB ram etc costs £515 or so off eBay... Building it isn't hard.