The "Racism" Rule
(09-30-2012, 06:22 PM)Killjoy Wrote: These words are considered discriminating and offensive. Using them will lead to disciplinary actions as seen fit by an administrator - note, this doesn't always have to be a ban.

I understand discriminating is not allowed, but how are you to express anger if you can't use offensive words ICly?
(09-30-2012, 04:30 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 03:31 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 03:19 PM)DerStorm Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 03:10 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 02:45 PM)Biowulf Wrote: Same with the 'fa­ggot' rule really. What's the big deal about it. What's the big difference between that and any other swearword that is allowed.

Because it's usually used as a slur toward gays

And *** isn't just a slur that is commonly used against black people?

I'm not saying I'm for words like f*ggot and n***er being bannable, I'm saying why it is bannable.

Saying the word should not, and to be technical, is not disallowed. I've already said why saying "*** got" is not homophobic, nor is saying "nigg er". Racism is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another. Saying "Nigg er" does not, in any flipping way, make me a racist. Makes me an insulting, offensive ***, but not a racist. The rules do not specifically state that "nigg er" and "Fagg ot" aren't allowed. So if we assume you're not disrespecting anyone with the use of the word, it's technically, as per the rules, allowed.

I'm saying I agree it should be allowed. But n**ger actually is considered a racial slur therefor bannable, considering there's a rule saying no racism, but yes, it also depends on the context in which you use the word, as many have said.
I never said IC swearing isn't allowed, my point was these discriminating words are not tolerated in any chat forms.

Also, General Rules, no. 4 specifies that insults are not allowed in OOC.
I think that this is seriously kind of stupid since i think it should be allowed IC because as stated it can make some RP situations more ¨alive¨ and it could add some depth to some peoples RP character but of course it will never be allowed since people find those words offensive and i really can't see how they can survive one day on the internet. Seriously every time i play League of Legends i get called things that would be considered Perma ban if said on FL.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Racism used to be allowed IC, but since people always took it too far and not once was it used in decent RP. People were shouting racial slurs not because their RP required it, but because the rules allowed it, so we decided to end that.
I think it's good that we have rules to prevent racism.

But what I don't find racist is like this: Hey nig.ga what's up? The Oxford dictionary says this about it:

"The word *** was first used as an adjective denoting a black person in the 17th century, and has long had strong offensive connotations. Today it remains one of the most racially offensive words in the language. However, it has acquired a new strand of use in recent years: it is sometimes used by black people as a mildly disparaging way of referring to other black people, in much the same way that queer has been adopted by some gay people as a term of self-reference, acceptable only when used by those within the community."
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 6 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • PrivateToast, Fultz, Slick Rick, HellShell, Fleet Admiral Zapington, Biowulf
I am not really saying it should be an automatic ban. Its the admins approach that I quoted was Iunprofessional. It's against the rules and should result in a warning... not criticize the player who rreported it.
The rule itself is kind of vague :/
Clan Needed Tounge
(10-01-2012, 08:56 PM)Gamesdude109 Wrote: The rule itself is kind of vague :/

More than a few are to be honest
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I think I saw Soul post somewhere that the SA team and him will re-do the rules, making them more clear (and also applicable to Gmod13).

Not 100% sure though...