People needs to respect the police! /vehicle RP
Through my many hours of playing on the servers, i've been a police a couple of times (understatement), and here is my problem; Lets say that i see someone speed, so i get in my car, and toggle my sirenes on. NEVER EVER have i seen one single person stop for me, nor any other police-officer (as i have seen anyways). I hope that you people IRL doesn't try to run away from the police at every chance they get, so O think that people should stop (ingame and IRL), so it doesnt escalate into CDM on innocent people, or a shootout.

TLDR; People should stop for the police. Tired of having chefs, unemployed and random "job-people" running away from me.

EDIT: And guys, try to keep the speedlimit, its pretty usual in Norway anyways
It might be a overkill, but it would be fun to see if everyone respected the lights, but this is very dodgy
(PS, if you ever stop, I will most likely not give you a ticket, but a warning Wink )

Thank you for letting me get some steam out.

What do you guys think?

-Enzyme
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I see what you mean with this but the only reason i can give is that most people don't respect or fear the police on the server since lets be honest the police force is not intimidating if i can pick of half of the force with a tmp or a deagle. Oh and also most police i have seen have never tried to ¨stop¨ me while speeding most of them just jump to the conclussion to either ram the car of the road or shoot (or ignore it).
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Agreed, both the majority of the police force and the players do not bother with small RP situations ( I'm going to keep off the subject of them not doing big ones either). I've only seen one Dictator actually take control over the vehicles by putting ridiculously high fines on speeding and not obeying traffic laws, but that resulted in cars being banned later on.

Again, as I've been forced to say many,many times over (to my great displeasure), perhaps, some day, people will learn to RP properly. Until then there is little we can do.
I would think that its passive RP when you actually drive like you should, (speedlimits, signs and etc).

Shame that flrp doesnt seem mature enough
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Fuck the police.
If I try to pull someone over, I think it's more fun for both parties if the person who I'm trying to pull over actually stops and talks to me, promote some RP. Heaven forbid the times I pull over and I get a gun stuffed in my face.
It's hard to respect the police when all they do is walk around town with their weapons out aiming them at peoples faces.
The following 3 users Like Slick Rick's post:
  • Spartanjunior, Foxy The Pirate, Reefanis
Both parties are at fault here due to the lack of roleplay ability of said parties. At the end of the day it is the good, decent roleplayers who lose the most.

Essentially it is like this, the indecent roleplayers running from the police do so due to the indecent roleplayers from the cops and so you get into a vicious cycle whereby it is difficult for mature and capable roleplayers to perform well.

A real shame I must admit.
(09-23-2012, 02:15 AM)Slick Rick Wrote: It's hard to respect the police when all they do is walk around town with their weapons out aiming them at peoples faces.

If it's a guy with <10 hours, okay. Most of the time I tell them to holster their weapon. As for me, I never walk with my pistol out, cause it intimidates people.
RP it. "WHOA DONT POINT THAT THING AT ME," etc and use /request to notify other government officials about some cop holding you at gunpoint for no reason.

RP your way out of it with the minges, I'm actually disappointed by how many people just go OOC raging instead of even attempting to RP it out. Just think about it, how would you react to that in real life?