Chain of Command
I have noticed a lot of players (not minges, I have no time for them) do not obey/understand how the chain of command works in the government.
As far as I understand it goes like this:

-President (complete authority)

-Head of the SS (authority ONLY on the SS agents, not on the police)

-Agent of the SS (under the HSS, not above officers since they are different units)

-Police Commander (authority ONLY on the police, noone else)

-Police Officer (under the Police Commander, not to answer to the HSS or the SS agents)

-Fireman/Paramedic (no direct commander, obey requests and orders from the President, not to interfere with Police/SS business)

I just thought that this thread might clear up some issues that come up within the government (i.e. Me as a Police Commander arguing with the Head of the SS because he thinks he can order me around like a child)

P.S. If I am mistaken please feel free to correct me in the comments below.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Von Tempski
I agree with this although I believe that SS may tell an officer not to get involved with certain matters.
Such as officers who want to come up to the top of the Nexus for the hell of it...
GRiiM is right SS should have authority over SS considering that they just never listen
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
I have to be honest, when i've been a HSS, i have given policeofficers orders, but i really dont see a problem with it. Lets say that the nexus is being raided, i order a policeofficer (that is for example standing besides me) to stay in the lobby, and hold there to report/stop any other raiders or just civilans, while i order the SS to top floor nexus. And i think this is nessesary because police usually have very small amount of hours under their belt (no offence guys), so i kinda need to guide the headless chicken in the correct way.

This also applies for instance in a hostage situation. I prefer to order the police to stop any tresspassers/civilans so they doesnt enter the scene, so the SS can work without any hinders with the hostage-takers
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I lol every time I see medic radio in: All SS to me! We are kill those mofo's
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • GRiiM
I belive that the chain of command should be:

President : Can order everyone.
Police Commander: Can order all but HSS
HSS: Can order everyone but Police Commander
SS: Can request Police.
Police: Can request SS.
Paramedic/Fireman/Combined Emergency Service Officer: Responds to radio/request.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(09-25-2012, 03:36 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: I belive that the chain of command should be:

President : Can order everyone.
Police Commander: Can order all but HSS
HSS: Can order everyone but Police Commander
SS: Can request Police.
Police: Can request SS.
Paramedic/Fireman/Combined Emergency Service Officer: Responds to radio/request.

In that order there would be chaos since the commands would overlap.
Let me give out an example: Police Commander orders an SS agent to take position in the Nexus lobby, awaiting raiders. HSS orders the same agent to go to the President and guard him. Who does the agent listen to?

The system I posted is as close as you can to perfect synchrony. I'm planning on placing a similar thread in the guides section.
Then then HSS takes rule over the Commander. Both can give commands but the HSS takes a higher priority over the Commander. For SSAs. Oposite for the Police
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Incorrect the SS stands for Special Services, similar to SWAT. The HSS is their de facto captain, and as such can only order the SS agents, not give out orders to the police who are under the Commander. The Special Services and the Police are two different, separated organizations, they don't have authority over each other.
*Sigh* Back to this again. The SS (Special Service) is a group of Donator-Player, Former Donator-Players or Admins who are there in two main roles. 1) Is to PROTECT the President of EvoCountry. And 2) is to BACKUP the Police in need of heavy arms assistance. However the weapons carried are unsuited for long ranges (*HINT* UM FORT *HINT*) so they fail almost as much as regular Police in these ranges. However the free automatic weapons given are used for CQC/CQB work in the innercity (*Hint* Slums *Hint*) of EvoCity. However as there are only four members of the SS (Including the commander) so the Police sometimes have to help the SS. Accordingly the Police Commander may call SS agents if they need help due to heavy arms fire.... This is why I think what I think. Thank you.
Yours
Doctor Internet;