v2 server connection problem
I just got back from school, and i loaded steam, started gmod, and joined server, loading bar got about 70% full, then gmod crashes and a window comes up saying "Hl2.xe is no longer responding"

[Image: fuuu.jpg]
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

You can't load servers due to a wrong update, everyone have to wait Newman's return from his vacation!
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
There's 33 people on v2 server
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

Indeed, Valve released a new update for the Source Engine and IF you updated Gmod then your fucked, I turned auto Download of so I can still join Smile
Hmm, another community I used to play with released an announcement asking for you to turn auto-updates off to prevent this problem because Garry would be away for two weeks. It would only occur if they updated the Source Engine which is precisely what they did...

Anyway, it's a bummer for me too, getting back after a week of school. Meh.
Same community Adman, I'm still searching for the video Monkeys released, but with no luck :/
I found it but do not wish to issue any of this as advertising, merely to help Catkiller.

(09-07-2012, 05:00 PM)GunFISH Wrote: I had this issue too. I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "validated steam files" anyway, here is what worked for me. Right click Garry's Mod>Properties>Local Files>Veryfy integrity of game cache.

Or try to reinstall.

Might work, I've still to try it.
Pls pls pls post anything that might work, i tried so many things....It just happened after I went to desktop....and then the update came -.-
Type vgui_allowhtml 0 in console and try to join.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.