Roleplaying as/with cops
Just wanted to make this thread. As I see many people on the RP sever that can't roleplay for shit.

General Cop Rules:

1. NLR is 5 minutes and only if you get called back. I always see nlr cops, and this just drives me insane, it is fail rp, don't do it.

2. Bullets are a last case scenario. Don't open fire until there's a real threat. Don't (or at least try, come on) open fire if some dick punches you. Arrest always when possible.

3. If you see a person speeding, drive after them and tell them to pull over, if they don't ram them off the road, or get a warrant on them and bust them out of the car, don't just shoot up the car.
Cops irl won't shoot up anyones car, and it should never be used on Rp, unless the car you are after won't roleplay at all

4. See someone having a weapon pointed at a person/hostage? Try talking them out of "dropping(holstering)" the weapon instead of just running in guns blazing.

General Civilian Rules:

1. If you get cuffed by a cop, don't just pull out a weapon or try running, it's failrp, you are not able to do anything while cuffed. Just follow the cop to the jails, he might even let you go.

2. If you see a cop after you, try and roleplay it out, just pull over and pay the 50-150 dollar fine, the cop might just let you go with a warning.

3. If you hostage someone, try talking with the cops instead of just shooting them, you might be able to talk your way out, and maybe get alittle cash out of it, in return for the hostage.

There will be times when you're called in for a raid. A raid on a building is serious business.

1. First off, do not raid a house just because it's owned or it is suspicious (lots of cars parked near it).

Here is the proper way to handle a scene.

Assessing a scene is sort of like playing jailbreak, tell them what to do and what not to do or else you taze them, or arrest them. Communicate them that you will do so, so that they will not think it's "fail rp". Knowing Gmod RP, they will probably QQ and say it's fail rp anyways.

1. Make them fear you, signal to them that you mean business and you aren't a noob cop that can just be rdmed easily.

2. Communicate to them that they shouldn't leave your line of site or else you'll taze/arrest them. If they leave LOS taze them, then also communicate that they must obey all orders made by you a government official or else arrest.

3. Tell the civilians in the area to line the wall and crouch until the scene is handled and or the house/building is successfully raided. If they do not do this and continue to question you or Minge around the area then taze them, if they still don't comply arrest them.

4. If they request to leave the area allow it only if you trust it. If you do MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY LEAVE. If they just move out of zone but continue eying you taze/arrest them, do this even if they make up a bullshit excuse like they are out of the property zone.

5. Now that the civilians are secure communicate to the people occupying the house/building in the most aggressive way that you are about to raid and that they should line the wall and crouch or else get shot. I usually say "ECPD line the wall and crouch or else you'll get shot!". Any other words can be used and this is most effective on mic.

6. Now that you have done that, initiate the raid. Fuck up and shoot any civilians that are a threat especially if they aren't crouched and on the wall, and or holding guns. Sometimes you might end up raiding a few noobs or they might of not heard you so if they are obviously not a threat arrest or tell them again to line the wall.

7. confiscate any contraband or weapons

Not always will you be called in for a raid. There will be other times where it's someone calling police to help with raiders

1. If you arrive at a scene, and you don't have a definite suspect, then tell EVERYONE in the area to line the wall.

2. Call out to the guy who called for police, and ask if he witnessed any of the raiders

3. If he did, and he identifies them on the wall, tell everyone else to leave except the suspects.

4. Investigate the whole situation. Remember: NEVER take a side because it's your friend, gut feeling, etc

5. If both sides stories contradict one another try to prove one of them wrong. Such as: if a suspect says another person had contraband, ask that person if you can request a search warrant. If he says yes, then proceed with the search.

6. Remember: you are basically the deciding factor on who goes to jail, and who doesn't. If it turns out both sides are guilty of different crimes, don't hesitate to arrest BOTH. This isn't court where one goes free, and the other doesn't

Hope anyone find it usefull, if you want anything added just make a post about it below, and I will add it if it's any good.
Usefull feedback would be nice aswell, things like "cops sux" will be frowned upon
The following 1 user Likes Excalibur's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
Now i would pay to see someone RP like this that isnt me and my buddies try harding to RP
(08-22-2012, 05:55 AM)jarz Wrote: Now i would pay to see someone RP like this that isnt me and my buddies try harding to RP

I guess you've never seen me rp as cop then.
6. NLR still applies even if you are told to head back (to the place you died) over the radio.
The following 1 user Likes Mahti's post:
  • equal
(08-22-2012, 12:35 PM)Mahti Wrote: 6. NLR still applies even if you are told to head back (to the place you died) over the radio.

I think that should be changed, You start out as a "New" officer and I have never herd a copper say this:

Dispatch: All units to United Materials

Copper: I cant, Someone died and I cant go for 5 minutes other-wise a god will pick me up and put me in space for 48 hours...
Yeah just like RDM should be changed, I want to kill 50 people but I can't cause there is rules and god will pick me up and up me to space for permanent
(08-22-2012, 12:35 PM)Mahti Wrote: 6. NLR still applies even if you are told to head back (to the place you died) over the radio.

Look at the top, rule number 1 or 2 I think
Must be pretty fuckin' bad when a new guy tosses in a lecture.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(08-22-2012, 03:13 PM)Warior135 Wrote:

I think that should be changed, You start out as a "New" officer and I have never herd a copper say this:

Dispatch: All units to United Materials

Copper: I cant, Someone died and I cant go for 5 minutes other-wise a god will pick me up and put me in space for 48 hours...

It will all change when the NLR box of invisibility is implemented muhaha XD
Erm...
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=1063