Frag Radio/ Fearless radio?!?!?!
Title of Suggestion: Fearless Online -> Server Radio station.

Description:So basically, i have been talking to some of the guys who do Frag Radio (Google it if you have never heard of it) and i have worked out a way to run my own station that would feed into gmod the same way they do it using a modified version of there plugin and i have been testing it on my own server. This system would allow anyone to DJ from there home computer and an auto DJ can be active when no DJ's are around.

Why: I believe this would be great fun, would bring the community together and would have massive roleplay value for example: Adverts for local businesses and government activities (wanted men/ Fires).

I know that this seems like a bit of a dream but it's very possible.

Thoughts...?
The following 1 user Likes Von Tempski's post:
  • Adman
Huge effort to keep it properly running.
Heck yh, would bring a whole lot more interest to the server.

+Support
I think a whole new set of staff would be needed in order to keep this running, and that of course, takes time.
While the idea is good, keep in mind that Fearless already has many things they need to watch such as the 2 GMod servers, CSS, Teamspeak and the forums. Maybe sometime in the future but at this point I think it would require more staff then FL wants to hire, and make everything harder to manage.
I have been experimenting with SamPHPWeb and a webplayer, check it out here (NOT DONE AT ALL). http://188.40.255.165/samphpweb/web/index.php

The idea would be simple. I set up a server at home with enough diskspace for a lot of songs, which would play in random order. Suggestions for albums to play would be allowed in a thread. Live DJ's can also be added to the mix if there's demand for that. But this can only be implemented when there's a radio plugin for gMod. The actual broadcasting server would be online 24x7, the songs server too.
(08-09-2012, 05:46 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Huge effort to keep it properly running.

Not as much as you might think, DJ's can drop in and drop out and the station can run simply from a home computer 24/7 with an autoDJ, if no players are around, which randomly picks songs from a directory (which is exactly what i'm doing right now).

It's also that much easier to maintain this sort of thing simply because it's great fun to do.

(08-09-2012, 05:57 PM)Bobandy. Wrote: I think a whole new set of staff would be needed in order to keep this running, and that of course, takes time.
While the idea is good, keep in mind that Fearless already has many things they need to watch such as the 2 GMod servers, CSS, Teamspeak and the forums. Maybe sometime in the future but at this point I think it would require more staff then FL wants to hire, and make everything harder to manage.

Nobody needs to be hired :\ This sort of thing will probably just be DJ'd by admins or if there shit, senior players. If you're referring to people needed to set it up, it's very much within the reach of the coders we have in fearless. I had this running on my private gmod server earlier and it worked like a treat. So why is this a problem?

(08-09-2012, 06:14 PM)Birdie Wrote: I have been experimenting with SamPHPWeb and a webplayer, check it out here (NOT DONE AT ALL). http://188.40.255.165/samphpweb/web/index.php

The idea would be simple. I set up a server at home with enough diskspace for a lot of songs, which would play in random order. Suggestions for albums to play would be allowed in a thread. Live DJ's can also be added to the mix if there's demand for that. But this can only be implemented when there's a radio plugin for gMod. The actual broadcasting server would be online 24x7, the songs server too.

Whatever it is you're using there seems a bit awful. I'm using Sam Broadcaster Pro which is exactly what frag radio use.
(08-09-2012, 06:43 PM)Von Tempski Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 05:46 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Huge effort to keep it properly running.

Not as much as you might think, DJ's can drop in and drop out and the station can run simply from a home computer 24/7 with an autoDJ, if no players are around, which randomly picks songs from a directory (which is exactly what i'm doing right now).

It's also that much easier to maintain this sort of thing simply because it's great fun to do.

(08-09-2012, 05:57 PM)Bobandy. Wrote: I think a whole new set of staff would be needed in order to keep this running, and that of course, takes time.

Nobody needs to be hired :\ This sort of thing will probably just be DJ'd by admins or if there shit, senior players. If you're referring to people needed to set it up, it's very much within the reach of the coders we have in fearless. I had this running on my private gmod server earlier and it worked like a treat. So why is this a problem?

(08-09-2012, 06:14 PM)Birdie Wrote: I have been experimenting with SamPHPWeb and a webplayer, check it out here (NOT DONE AT ALL). http://188.40.255.165/samphpweb/web/index.php

Whatever it is you're using there seems a bit awful. I'm using Sam Broadcaster Pro which is exactly what frag radio use.

Yeah dude, this is just the web frontend that SAM uses to do requests and to be able to view the library. Hence the SAMphpweb. Using Shoutcast with Sam Broadcaster is just awesome.
The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • Von Tempski
We had a Fearless Radio at one point.
Failed due to inactivity.
Think the rest speaks for itself.
And yeah, it was the exact same concept.

Plus it turned into all the same dubstep songs and everyone hated it, and if that's what this is then count me out.
That's another thing, nobody will be satisfied because everyone has a different music taste.
(08-09-2012, 11:19 PM)Bobandy. Wrote: We had a Fearless Radio at one point.
Failed due to inactivity.
Think the rest speaks for itself.
And yeah, it was the exact same concept.

Plus it turned into all the same dubstep songs and everyone hated it, and if that's what this is then count me out.
That's another thing, nobody will be satisfied because everyone has a different music taste.

Read my post above, and see how the music taste problem can be solved.
If they wont rickroll, + Support