Dryblood's daily debate thread.
Daily Debate Thread

Hello, I have created this so we can have a debate/argument about things which are not serious and just let off some steam in a controlled environment.

Each day a new topic will be given and if you like state your point and reply to others.

Some ground rules

No Flaming
Follow Forum rules as always
No Offtopic

Todays Debate
18/05/12

Is the call of duty franchise dying?
Yup, I think they completely screwed up making it halo/futuristic-ish.
I lost my signature.
Indeed it is.

Seems like they are running out of ideas, since MW2 and MW3 is basically the same damn thing.
They should of stopped at Mw2 IMO
Are they grasping at straws? Yes. Are they going to lose any money because of it? No. Most of the people who buy those games are going to buy them again, again, and again. Activision knows this, that's why they constantly rehash their games without a care.

Anyone who bought MW3, is gonna buy the new one as well (whatever it's called)
Yep. The only COD game i've enjoyed was MW2. I think Battlefield is waaay better.

Black Ops 2 looks like a cross between Red Faction & Crysis. Made me go eww.

Should have stuck at MW1. If not, make another one about WW1/WW2
[Image: source.gif]
CoD franchise is not dying, the people who are saying it is, are all biased against it, and hoping it will die. I personally find CoD to be a blight upon the gaming community, but I do admit, that CoD is not going ANYWHERE in the near future. And when people say "They shoulda stopped at <insert Call Of Duty title>" they usually don't talk about in terms of what? Economy? Cause they earned quite a huge load of cash for every game after MW2, or personal taste?
(05-18-2012, 08:46 PM)Dylan Wrote: CoD franchise is not dying, the people who are saying it is, are all biased against it, and hoping it will die. I personally find CoD to be a blight upon the gaming community, but I do admit, that CoD is not going ANYWHERE in the near future. And when people say "They shoulda stopped at <insert Call Of Duty title>" they usually don't talk about in terms of what? Economy? Cause they earned quite a huge load of cash for every game after MW2, or personal taste?

It sure is dying, content wise.
Its the same shit over and over.
Also I'm not biased, I tried and own several Call of Duty games myself.
It may be the same thing over and over again, but it is going to be bought at ridiculous amounts like it always does. Call of Duty is one of those games that everyone is going to buy no matter what. Some may buy it because they enjoy it and love playing multiplayer with some good story lines. Others will buy it because they always buy the game and will never give up on it (me). And some others might buy it just because they want to see "how bad it is" personally. In my opinion it doesnt matter how bad it gets, Call of Duty will be a success to a certain point. Maybe not to how much it was before, but will be a success compared to other games.

-Fultzy
Mw2 = Mw3
It is dying.
/thread