Game freezes whenever I move my mouse.
When I play on the v2d server, every time I move my mouse to look around the game freezes and repeats the last sound that played for a split-second for approximately 20 seconds.

I was able to play just fine a while ago, now it's so unbearable it's not even worth it. I know I posted a similar thread regarding v33x, but how do you fix this?

If performance matters here, I'm on a Vista with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB RAM and at the time of writing have 10.9 GB of free disk space.

I also have CSS, but that's the only thing I got outside of Gmod to play on the server. Everything else I downloaded via gmod (by connecting to the server)
To short of ram i guess, i recommend buying 4 Gigabye of ram.
It should work fine even with 2 GB

Video Card?
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(05-04-2012, 01:52 PM)Ruxandra Wrote: It should work fine even with 2 GB

Video Card?

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
there you have it.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(05-04-2012, 05:59 PM)Toxic Wrote: there you have it.

What?
New graphics card and RAM would be nice.
Everyone in the above posts is wrong.
I can play Fearless V2 on 1 gig of RAM, even with an ATI card with 512MB's.

Here's a checklist:

1a. The well known graphics card update - Have you upgraded to the recent version?
1b. ATI has a management system (ATI Catalyst Control Center I think) to configure your performance to suit your needs, try and check there.
2. What resolution are you playing? Try setting it to 800x600 and see what happens.
3. What graphics settings are you using? Try lowering all options, especially texture quality, anti-aliasing and shadow quality.
4. Try lowering your sound quality settings.
5. Before playing, open the developer's console and type in cl_updaterate 5 (Default is 30)
6. Are you using a laptop, then hook it up to the power and set your battery power scheme to "High performance"
7. Are you running any intensive processes whilst playing on v2, like Skype, a torrenting program or something? Check that by going to task manager and click processes. Select "Show processes from all users" and click on "memory" in the tab list above. It will sort all processes, see what takes up a lot of space and close it.
8. You can try increasing performance by ending explorer.exe while playing. (To restart it go to "Run..." and type in explorer.)

If you checked all of this, and it's still not fixed. Please PM me and we will work out a solution.
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
Or he just spends a little bit of money on more RAM and a better graphics card?

Instead your making him run his game with graphics that look like its from a fricken Commodore
The following 1 user Likes Dubwub's post:
  • Grub
Do your eyes a favor and buy a newer graphics card =p...
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 1 user Likes Grub's post:
  • Dubwub