Poll: What is the best post-apocalyptic movie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The book of Eli
14.29%
1 14.29%
The road
42.86%
3 42.86%
The postman
0%
0 0%
Waterworld
0%
0 0%
An other one ...
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post-apocalyptic movies
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies (not with zombies, but more the realistic ones). Especially when the story takes place after "World War 3".

Does anyone have some good movies in this genre that I must see?

My top 3 is btw:

1. The road
2. The book of Eli
3. The postman

Added:

I made this topic also on IDMB and I had a lot of reactions there.
The movies with a + seemed to me the best.
I havent watched them, but here is the list:

12 monkeys
Quite earth
Threads
The day after
When the wind blows.
A boy and his dog
28 days later
+ She
+ World gone wild
+ Red Dawn
On the beach
Testament
+ 28 days later
Time of the wolf

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." Sima Qian
I've saw 'The book of Eli' on my fathers DVD shelf, never been intrigued to even place it into the DVD tray..

It's probably the boy in the striped pajamas look it had that made me hesitate from even placing a single pupil on the case itself. Though now you say it's an 'Post Apocalyptic' movie, i'm convinced in seeing it now since this is my type of films. I do appreciate you posting this which has served great use in my interests.

-Moar

It's 4:01AM, please excuse my nonsenseness.
I haven't seen my post-apocalyptic films without Zombies, only 'Book of Eli' comes to mind so I guess my vote is for that.
I'll check out 'The Road' since you think it's better.
(04-07-2012, 03:02 AM)Moar Wrote: I've saw 'The book of Eli' on my fathers DVD shelf, never been intrigued to even place it into the DVD tray..

It's probably the..
-Moar

It's 4:01AM, please excuse my nonsenseness.

Well, I've a a whole list now. See the added text.

(04-07-2012, 03:20 AM)GRiiM Wrote: I haven't seen my post-apo...

It's more realistic and it tells a great story about a father and his son and how they survive.
"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." Sima Qian
I like 'I Am Legend'
Threads is incredible for an 80's TV movie. It's the sort of things that leaves people with nightmares. You can see it on Youtube. Also Children Of Men, V For Vendetta and Doomsday(Little known one, flopped at the box office, it's like a cross between Aliens, 28 Days Later and V For Vendetta, it's not anything particularly deep or intelligent, but it's a damn good action film) are nice. They aren't quite post apocalyptic, but they have a strong feature of it.