Regarding recent resignations and other changes
Information 

G'day FL!

I'm writing this firstly for you, secondly for myself. I've been away for 2 weeks and a lot of things happened in this short period of time. I have problems understanding everything in detail what happened myself so I sense that it must be even harder for many of you to understand those changes, as you only have a small part of the information I do.

I hope I can clarify some things with this, if I can't I will have it summed up at least.

There have been many problems within the staff since quite some time, some of those things started when I was promoted to Co-Owner. Most of the staff members accepted and welcomed the decisions, some didn't. One of them was former SA Dryblood who kept disrespecting me, not accepting the role I had now, for reasons I am not entirely sure of.

This went on for some months, I was okay with all of this as long as it was not causing difficulties inbetween staff members, which it did at some point. I went around asking every staff member about their personal opinion and decided it was about time to do some changes and speak up, I created a thread starting quite a discussion in the admin area.
I can't give you detailed information on what happened as I consider it confidential, lets say I was critizing Dryblood and other staff members because of abusive and bad behavior, there was a huge discussion within the staff, in the end I decided that in order to resolve our problems it would be best to forgive and forget things which happened and start new.

With great help of Faustie we discussed several problems we had, including changes regarding the admin activity, especially the one of US admins etc, clan system, rules, forum, staff, pretty much everything. Those discussion are still going on and will still be going on for a fair while, which is a good thing, as the outcome will be good for the community.
With all those discussions going on I was going to leave for two weeks, travelling around, afterwards I was going to find a solution for the lack of admins we had at this moment, especially regarding the other timezone, covering Europes night. So I left for my happy holidays with those thoughts in my mind.

While I was travelling I kept checking the forum, not being able to write anything as my phone just sucks, but I kept track of everything going on.
One day Killjoy reached me with an urgent message, Dryblood had opened admin applications without any approval through Soul or me and without much input from other staff members. Soul was upset and felt pretermitted, for a good reason. The behavior was one I critized before, as he often tried to do things outside of his permission within the community, not asking for any approval. I always respected Dryblood for his work and time he was spending for the community, I never thought he was suited for the position he was in as I consider many of his decisions unreasonable, some of his character trades were very unpredictable and far too much bound to his own emotions. He was mostly a funny bloke and I understand he had a good reputation in the community, which was why I wanted to keep him, although I knew he would never accept a lower position, this would not fit his character, I was therefore aware that after this action of just opening admin applications the only solution was to demote him. I don't know the excat conversation he had with Soul but I assume he agreed to this and resigned.

After I knew that Dryblood will leave the community I was sure Toby will leave too as he has always followed Dryblood with much dedication, agreeing to all his decisions saying yes and amen. Exactly this happened, I was quite relieved at this point because I thought that this will get rid of many tensions on the team. My immediate message to Soul was to get new SAs on the team, my suggestions were Faustie and Killjoy, as you know Faustie has later on been elected to represent the team.
I was happy because I considered this a small new beginning, new team leader, time to get fix some problems, once I got home from my holidays of course.

Shortly before I came home I get the message that ForceGhost, Nadrick and Elder have resigned. I was astonished by those news as I would've never expected this.
The reason I gathered was mostly about too much work for admins, especially the ones working at night. We knew about those issues long time ago and we were intending to fix them but those things take time, those resignations made me wonder. We will still be getting more admins at some point now as you know we already opened general admin applications recently, but now we will have to fill in far more spots, we will need to replace the admins who resigned and add additional ones to have the server covered at all times.

I am still sad and disappointed by those resignations because I considered all of those admins a really good addition to the community and staff doing really good work, seeing them resign showed me one thing though, a lack of loyalty and a misjudgment. FL requires much work at the moment, especially work from admins on the servers, those admins resigned because they claimed to be overworked and so on, well. There are other ways to solve this, I've been here for 4 years, there have been harder times than this and I did not resign, simply because things like this can be solved, instead of resigning those issues could've been delt with by helping with the process of finding new admins etc.
Resigning shows me though that those people did not want to put this effort into our community, which is their decision, a decision I do not understand, especially not from Nadrick and ForceGhost as they have just recently joined the administrating team.
I would like to thank all of them for their work and dedication they had for the community, I know this is not easy to keep up sometimes.
Also I would like to say that I have nothing at all against any of you in personal, I really like all of you and think you are great blokes, but I do not understand this decision and I think it was the worst you could've possibly done in this situation.

Now, what does all of this mean for a normal FL member?

At the moment it means that there are not many admins, this means there will be a short period of time where not that many admins will be on the server to keep it clean. We are working on this and trying to get new suitable members to cover this positions at the moment. This will happen within the next 1 or 2 weeks.

What is going to happen in the future?

We will be working hardly on fixing the admin issues and trying to gather a great team, those changes will include:

- more admins for the other timezone, even more than we had before
- more admins in general to keep the whole team from getting stressed out
- server updates
- forum updates

What exactly those updates will be I won't tell as we are still planning many things. As you know temar our great developer is steadily coding things and does a great job. He creates beautiful things for us and I'm hoping we will all see much more of this in the future.
The thing I am planning with Soul now is a major update, including changes in the staff, the forum and an update pack for the server. You will hear more about this in the future when we resolved the problems we have now, I will keep you posted.

I hope this thread helped a little with your comprehension. Please feel free to leave any question or comment here, I will answer whatever I can.

- Nudelholz
Dare to think!
thanks for at least making it a lot more easy to understand what have happened.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Honestly I think Fearless members need to help out the admins too. If you see a rule breaker get as much evidence as you can and post ban requests. I have seen so much disrespect being thrown around I think thats why some of the admins have been so frustrated. For those of you I say take a step back and put yourself in their shoes. Stop criticizing them their job is hard enough as it is. FL forever <3
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
The following 2 users Like beflok's post:
  • Mahti, Shadow
That's why you record 24/7 when you join.
It's been a long time.
Like beflok said I believe that we members need to help the admins out a little, don't be a lazy ass and wait for the admins to handle everything. Im not saying you should go kill the people who is breaking the rules or anything like that. Whip out your camera and spam it like never before. Post a ban req and wait for the admins to respond.

Also, I'd like to thank the current admin team for fighting as much as possible to keep the server free from minges so WE can roleplay and have fun.

I think im speaking on everyones behalf when I say.

You guys are doing an amazing job! Thank you.

[Image: brain-hand-gestures.jpg]

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 3 users Like equal's post:
  • Virus, StillAlive, Shadow
I have lots of respect for you guys, your doing an awesome job. Shame you had to come back to all of this Nudel.
The following 2 users Like Dubwub's post:
  • equal, PiqueRoz
Well at least understand everything now, Thank you for making it clear, Like many members said, You are doing an good job.
(03-26-2012, 12:06 PM)Equalizer Wrote: Like beflok said I believe that we members need to help the admins out a little, don't be a lazy ass and wait for the admins to handle everything. Im not saying you should go kill the people who is breaking the rules or anything like that. Whip out your camera and spam it like never before. Post a ban req and wait for the admins to respond.

Also, I'd like to thank the current admin team for fighting as much as possible to keep the server free from minges so WE can roleplay and have fun.

I think im speaking on everyones behalf when I say.

You guys are doing an amazing job! Thank you.

[Image: brain-hand-gestures.jpg]

This. ^
Nudelholz i miss u
Good theif, nice to hear that. But this isnt the right place to tell him that....... btw he is mine.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The following 4 users Like Andreas's post:
  • equal, beflok, Fleet Admiral Zapington, Dubwub