Length of Bans
I just really wanted to explain to people how bans that I give will work.

I know people think that stuff like CarDM and that should be 1 hour ban, or so, which is fine.

But rather than go on the offence to set the length of ban, for major rulebreaks, like RDM, CarDM, and FailRP, I'm working on an increasing ban system. (Minor things just get a warning, not a kick/ban)

Your first offence: Warning/Kick (if needed)

Your second offence: 10 Minute Ban

Your third offence: 100 Minute Ban

Your forth offence: 1000 Minute Ban

And so on. This is so people realise that they can't go around RDM'ing all the time and get no longer than 30 mins banned. Repeat offenders will not be allowed.

I do my best to spend a good 5 minutes or so explaining to the person WHY they're being banned, so that they don't do it again, but if people are fully aware of the rules, and continue to break them - we don't want you in the server.

The reason this is, is to stop someone repeatedly breaking the rules, and getting no longer than 10 minutes from each admin every time they play. It ruins the game for new players; only yesterday we had a new player quit because there was too much RDM.
I think this is fair and a good system. Keep it up Sniper Smile
I made a formula:

x = amount of offences

Ban length: 10^(x-1)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(11-03-2010, 08:32 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I made a formula:

x = amount of offences

Ban length: 10^(x-1)

why x-1 ? cause first rulebreak
10^(0) == 1 so 1 min ban ? <.<
-Signature removed-
1 minute ban = kick = 1st offense Wink
Second offence 100000000000000000000K Hour BanSmile
Ha your so funny.
Yeh thats a very cool system and also fair.. NICE! Cheese
I think its a good system but maybe u could make it a less ban ea time like x5 or something
(11-04-2010, 06:15 PM)Kyle Wrote: I think its a good system but maybe u could make it a less ban ea time like x5 or something

Nah. This way it works out at 4 warnings before its a day ban. Any more is just silly.

I managed to go hundreds and hundreds of hours on the server without a ban, or a kick .... So if people can't even manage four warnings - they clearly aren't willing to learn the rules, and RP properly.