[Guide] How To: Nexus Desk Secretary
Many times on the servers there are no Secretaries or failing Secretaries. I would like that to change, so competent people become it and not some minges who either run around in town or come to the top floor in the name of "guarding the President".

So, here is my guide! I hope you enjoy it!

Preparing

So you just spawned at your Desk, what now? First, you should make some kind of checkpoint where people have to speak to you before passing.
Maybe you could also make a checkpoint at the elevator to the garage, also be sure people cannot jump over the desk whenever they want.
You may add a camera and a screen at the top floor, so the president and SS can see if there is a raid going on.

Then tell over the radio that you made a checkpoint at the bottom floor, maybe you want a single officer/SS Agent also there in case of emergency, but it is best to not have any Police, so all police forces can concentrate on patrolling. It is up to you to choose.

You may decorate the bottom floor how you wish, be sure not to spawn anything on Police spawn points, or else they get stuck upon spawning.

A suit helps too, but is not necessary.

A person comes over to me, what to do?

Ask him first why he is here or how you can help him. Most people want to speak to the president.

Arranging the meeting

Ask for the person's name first, and then ask the president over the radio that <name> wants to arrange a meeting. Give the reason for the meeting. Also request an Officer down (if none is present) for handcuffing and watching the person, as the president wants no possible threats.

When an Officer is there, open the barrier and let the Officer do his job.

If the president declines the meeting and nobody comes, ask the person to leave the building.

If he refuses, request an Officer down to make him leave. Let him do his job.

The person points a gun at me/A raid is taking place!

Use your radio as quick as possible and inform the SS about the situation.
Tell them how many people are there and what exactly they do. Crouch and ask the people what they want, do anything that makes them wait a little bit more. You may open the barrier if SS arrives from the elevator in order to let them do their job.

Remember you are in danger, even if there is glass in front of the desk. That's why you should make sure nobody can get behind the desk if they come from outside.

If they molotov the barriers, stay away from the fire and also tell over the radio that they used molotoves and that you demand a fireman.

Basically, try to flee from the raiders and support the SS as much as possible.

Probably police will come too, but I referred to SS for this part because they are supposed to deal with this situation.

When the situation is over, return to your desk, rebuild barricades if necessary and thank the SS for the help.

Nobody shows up and they threaten to kill me!

Do not open the barricades and flee to the elevator. Make your way up to the top floor and explain the situation. Also call over radio again, in case people were busy and did not see the help call.

But sometimes, people just have no mercy at all or discover something to bypass the barricades (through the garage for example). In that case, you cannot really just do anything, but if you are killed, do not respawn until the raid is over, as you would spawn just at the desk anyway, and that would be not much of RP.

So, that was my (first) guide on being a Secretary, constructive criticism is always appreciated, as well as compliments Skeptical
The following 4 users Like ZeroSupport's post:
  • Coffee Jr, bba, ForceGhost, Will1281
Approved!

Been waiting for one of these...
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
I like this guide it makes me want to be a Desk Secretary,But at one point it gets boring and you don't really get a good reward for doing a great job..
Thumbs Up 
Good guide. There should be one like this for each single job Smile