Re-setting RP points
There has never been a more opportune time.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Robbtja
Ok, done
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 2 users Like gin's post:
  • tgn, Marty
I would like my 3 RPP back plz
[Image: giphy.gif]
no 

Angry
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
It's probably worth at least moving down to only RPP points which are logged, because for some people there's a huge gap between RPP that are logged and those that aren't. I think this was talked about but I don't recall what the outcome was.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(09-18-2023, 07:32 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: no 

Angry

Why? We could log old RP points in the statistics or hall of fame.

(09-18-2023, 07:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: It's probably worth at least moving down to only RPP points which are logged, because for some people there's a huge gap between RPP that are logged and those that aren't. I think this was talked about but I don't recall what the outcome was.

Why not let everyone start on zero? It creates a competitive element along with new motivation to have the most. Let's not cripple the delicate promenades of role-play with semantics.
Visit my profile here.
Observing others with many RPP perks as a new player encourages you to get them as well, rather than being competitive with others and racing who's going to get those perks first.
~ Equinox ~
(09-19-2023, 10:24 AM)Equinox Wrote: Observing others with many RPP perks as a new player encourages you to get them as well, rather than being competitive with others and racing who's going to get those perks first.

There is nothing that stops that from happening by resetting the points. Through time people will slowly unlock these perks again and it will be a big deal when the first people actually get them.

Right now everyone has these perks. They are not special.

It also gives the added benefit in that everyone has something to work towards. Even older players.

Resetting it will definitely give more player engagement for new and old players - while some might be sentimental for a while, I am sure it will be a benefit for everyone in the long run. Even TheSiphon will ultimately find more enjoyment in this arrangement.
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Boonan
I think resetting them whilst also showing how many points players have gotten previously before the reset would be good ie 'legacy points' or something along those lines. Would make sense to do so for re-launch as it is well a complete re-launch.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Boonan's post:
  • Lewwings, Ludo
I'm not in favour of resetting roleplay points, but if there was ever a good time to do it, that time would be now.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Boonan