Any tips to help reduce lag?
Yeah, usually when the server is full, I get a really bad lagspike every 30 seconds to a minute. This can piss me off when driving, or even RPing in general.

I live in the US and I have average internet so my ping is usually 150 - 170. I've tried everything, console commands, task manager, etc, but no luck. If anything those attempts make it more laggy!

So, any tips?

-EDIT: Since people didn't read the ping part, I have to include that it is not a performance lag or FPS lag, it's a latency lag. Meaning that the server pulls me back a few feet for half a second every 30 seconds to a minute.

New PC
(01-26-2013, 06:10 PM)Borovichok Wrote: New PC
You are very helpfull, n000b

And you Kiruclanz, you could always try some programs to increase your FPS in Gmod like gamebooster
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
If you live in US and server is located in europe of course it will lag, Nothing you can do to it.
If you have Utorrent Disable it.
It uses up alot of your internet speed.
- Midnight Blues

- Move to France
- Get a better internet connection
OR

Like KuLa said, a program like gamebooster might reduce the lag, I'd also advise to close all the uneeded programs.

I have a very great and powerful computer. It's not that kind of lag. It's the kind when I'm walking and then it pulls me back a few feet or stops me for half a second.

(01-26-2013, 06:30 PM)Mika Wrote: If you have Utorrent Disable it.
It uses up alot of your internet speed.

I know that, and it's only if it's downloading/seeding something. If it's not active then it doesn't use up any resources.

(01-26-2013, 06:26 PM)Mahti Wrote: If you live in US and server is located in europe of course it will lag, Nothing you can do to it.

Yes, I am aware, but I know lots of people who live just as far from europe and they have, if not no lag at all, then a lot less lag than me.

(01-26-2013, 06:17 PM)Doctor KuLa Wrote:
You are very helpfull, n000b

And you Kiruclanz, you could always try some programs to increase your FPS in Gmod like gamebooster

It's not an FPS problem. I always get between 60 and 120 FPS.

Then the only thing you can do is to get a better Internet connection.
(01-26-2013, 07:10 PM)GhostRider Wrote: Then the only thing you can do is to get a better Internet connection.

Yeah I probably (hopefully) will soon, but I've been lagging a bit more than I do on other European servers, though that might just be the entities or players or something, because I lag less when there's about 20 players on.

Look around for new providers which offer high download speeds, generally with higher download speeds the higher you house' ping will be.

I had Sky Broadband for a long time and had horrible ping, upgraded to BT and now I get an average of 50-70 ping on full server.

Could be an internet provider issue, location, people on server, props, constraints etc.
Regards,
aviator