Inactive Administrators
(09-30-2014, 05:46 PM)Cpt. Decay Wrote: What do I think? I think you're whining waaay to much

What do I think? I think you're supposed to complain when a service displayed on a loading screen isn't being lived up to. I agree with the OP, FL has always been low in admins. Correct me if I'm wrong but for the past 9 months the main excuse has been about school. So look into volunteering some people who play when the admins aren't. I expect to receive the standard we recruit who Soul likes then the admins decide if he's really what Soul says speel, but I never said it won't take a short time. It definitely won't take 9 months. 

Quit licking all of their asses and get what you want for once, unless you prefer more or less 3 year old + game modes filled up with minges. 
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • Jan
Administrating is not a job, it is not something that we are born to do. We do it because it's fun and because we want to contribute to the community. Whether you appreciate it is one thing, but the fact is simple, life and work comes first and so does your very own enjoyment. We shouldn't be forced to get on the servers, we should enjoy it. Sure, we shouldn't be totally inactive like some are, however, we are people like anyone else and we have our ups and downs in regards to how much we enjoy being on the server. No, Toffe is not right. He speaks from a biased point of view and just because he can sit home and play how often he wants, doesn't that mean that any other admin would. If we were to keep extremely strict conducts in regards to play often and such, then I could 100% assure you, that this very community wouldn't last any longer.

An administrator boost has occurred on 33x since the atmos update, appreciate it. We won't be there all the time, we might be playing another game or we might be outside with your real friends and real life. Just understand that, it's not like we administrators complains to Soul because certain players aren't as active as we want them.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Not all staff can come on at all times some have work some have IRL plans some are just busy, you need to learn to survive without one, the ban request section is there for a reason, so being butt hurt and get on with it, it is only a game as some say.
Admins aren't 24/7 city rp players...
Give them a break at the end of the day their a player you meet on a game.
Complain somewhere else
I myself have school, a program that I volunteer for, and I just applied for a job so I will have those 3 things to do. Now lets add on a social life outside of school and that takes up even more time. I'm not getting payed for this so I come on when I can. It isn't a job, it's a hobby. How would you be able to handle HAVING to play? We want breaks to, not just non stop playing GMOD.
From the moment Soul asks you if you're interested in becoming a staff member you agree to do the tasks that come with the rank, real life or not, one of the main reasons people get promoted is because of their activity. Now I'm not saying all admins are inactive, (though atleast 50% of them is), I'm only trying to express my opinion on this matter, so that FL can possibly improve. Something that more members should do, instead of following the massive crowd and making fun of a member, just to increase your own super little chance of getting promoted.
So you honestly think the calculations of someone having to deal with their real life isn't calculated upon promotion? Well that's awfully blunt to say. Me, Soul and every other administrator has a real life to take care of. Some needs to be more absent than others, and if it's exceeding a certain limit, it will be dealt with, trust me. Now, the actions towards an inactive member wouldn't be so impulsively made as some of you might want to do it, and that's extremely good.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I think you still don't understand me and some other people, we do not ask anyone to take care of inactive staff members, we ask for servers with more supervising, how this can happen is none of my business.
In my opinion, there should be a larger administration team, so that there is more opportunity for at least one administrator to be active or able to head onto the server during the day. It isn't a tall order to find new admins, and would probably reduce the workload on the existing team.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
I think you went about this the entirely wrong way, but I do agree there is a certain time of the night where admins simply arent on, We dont really have any admins on the west coast of the US.