Report: [Mx] RandomGamer
Just because you were shooting someone else does not make you impervious to FearRP.

FearRP would have gone off if Reebs had shot you. However, he didn't, he was right behind you, yelling out to you to stop and put your gun down.

Also, if you are put under FearRP by one group and they shoot you, FearRP goes off.
However, when another group puts you under FearRP after that, you must abide by it.
I feel like these types of situations are based upon opinion and assumptions. There is no solid rule for this type of situation.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
May I also ask how exactly I was supposed to know, how close Reebs was to me? As I prefer to shoot in First person, I could not see Reebs, and his distance to me.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
If you are ever shouted at to put your gun down it is advised to turn around and check, but you did not flinch, no matter how many times he shouted.

I remember a while ago I saw a situation similar to this unfold where a police officer had placed a member of a gang under FearRP, but the situation turned around when another member of the same gang snuck behind the police officer and told him to put his gun down. He was at a disadvantage and so were you.

While it is not possible to judge 100% if someone is right behind you, the sound levels do adjust to distance, so you would have heard Reebs come closer to you at some point.

I'd like to keep this case open to try and dispel any misunderstandings and, perhaps, find cases that could be taken as precedent to this one.
(02-22-2016, 01:42 AM)Random Gamer Wrote: May I also ask how exactly I was supposed to know, how close Reebs was to me? As I prefer to shoot in First person, I could not see Reebs, and his distance to me.

You did however know that I was behind you, then, as you did not see me because, as you stated, you "prefer to shoot in first person".
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(02-22-2016, 01:48 AM)Avgar Wrote: If you are ever shouted at to put your gun down it is advised to turn around and check, but you did not flinch, no matter how many times he shouted.

I remember a while ago I saw a situation similar to this unfold where a police officer had placed a member of a gang under FearRP, but the situation turned around when another member of the same gang snuck behind the police officer and told him to put his gun down. He was at a disadvantage and so were you.

While it is not possible to judge 100% if someone is right behind you, the sound levels do adjust to distance, so you would have heard Reebs come closer to you at some point.

I'd like to keep this case open to try and dispel any misunderstandings and, perhaps, find cases that could be taken as precedent to this one.

I will investigate myself, and I will see wether or not I have any footage of the situation myself, if I do, I will upload it in the morning as its quite late at the moment.
(02-22-2016, 01:48 AM)Avgar Wrote: I'd like to keep this case open to try and dispel any misunderstandings and, perhaps, find cases that could be taken as precedent to this one.

Sounds like a plan to me. I will check and see if I can find any myself as well, and I will send you a PM with the link(s) if I find any.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Towards the end of the video, he lowered the gun. He then raised the gun up while under gunpoint. Him lowering the gun is signifying a surrender. When he pulled the gun back up to shoot, it became a FearRP violation.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
(02-22-2016, 03:10 AM)Hitman Wrote: Towards the end of the video, he lowered the gun. He then raised the gun up while under gunpoint. Him lowering the gun is signifying a surrender. When he pulled the gun back up to shoot, it became a FearRP violation.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

If this was to be taken into account as 'surrender' please consider how easy it would be in real life to slightly lower your weapon to waist height whilst running and then returning to a firing stance. Surrender in my opinion would be him putting his gun away and crouching on the ground. This is again where it comes to different perspectives and opinions which makes this report so difficult to decide a verdict to.

I actually watched the situation myself from Connectivity Road as the other insane child, from my view Reebs didn't seem close enough to put him under FearRP, plus in my opinion it really wouldn't make sense since the weapon was being discharged during the encounter, I would have called for backup or opened fire myself knowing he is a danger to citizens lives.

Again, it's all opinion.

(Involved, another insane child who first handedly saw the situation)
(02-22-2016, 09:21 AM)DVN Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 03:10 AM)Hitman Wrote: -snip-

Like DVN said. When you run, the gun loweres to your hips. 

You would probably do this in real life aswell, as it would be a lot easier to run.

(I did not press E+L click