Exception on FearRP rules with new weapons
+support

I recall times where I've shot hostage takers in the head and finished a hostage situation within seconds simply because I knew they would die instantly
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
+support
makes no sense to ban people for this when this can happen in real life (i.e. Maersk Alabama hijacking) and since police usually won't/can't give hostage takers what they want they would have to neutralize the perpetrators somehow
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
+support
I was watching a documentary where they did just that. Set up a sniper and shot a hostage taker. Would add a lot of realism.

Also, I was doing a SRU RP one time and we threw a concussion grenade at a hostage taker and when he was stunned, we shot him down, saving the hostage from any injuries.
I would just like to add that this exception is also going to improve the roleplay for the Commander/Sergeant. It will give them the opportunity to negotiate more often.
I really suggest you guys to watch the series Flashpoint. It is not only a great serie, but it also shows you how to rule as a SRU/SWAT. Negotiation is all that matters there.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
+support
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
+Support
+Support
As much as i like the idea, i dont think implementing this would be a great plan.
Adding more exceptions (and thus more rules) will make the FearRP rule only more vague and less understandable.
To quote doomdude on this matter:
Doomdude Wrote:When FearRP applies to you and exceptions:
There are no exceptions.
FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

Keep it clear, keep it simple. Dont add any exceptions on the rule because it will only make it vague.
-Support
+Support, but not only for when using the AWM. If negotiations fail to work, a SWAT/SRU team should be able to attempt to raid the hostages. Yes, it's a risk, but when we wrote the old fearRP rules we failed to consider that solely negotiating and not attempting a rescue is also risky.

FearRP should only apply to your own life, and not to hostages. If you f*ck up because of this and get a hostage killed, then there are RP consequences: for example, the president could demote you or take further action. Cops and SRU/SWAT should not have to worry about a ban for doing their jobs. To be quite honest, I feel your ban is a little unfair.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • MacTavish
Arh.. This really buggs me. I believe in this idea to be great! Either way, if this suggestion wil be implied it'll be abused so much by some users. Even if it's with instakill weapons. I just don't have faith in some users to be able to controll such power. I will not negatively support this suggestion, hence to it being a great step for fearless. Untill i've gotten my mind clear, i'll stay neutral for now.