The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 4 Sept
Let me just say, that I am very grateful that you are engaging in discussion.
And that I highly respect that you are still working on the game mode.

(10-02-2023, 10:58 PM)Pollux Wrote: You're looking at the past with some rose-tinted glasses.

Oh, please forgive me. But it was much better back then.

(10-02-2023, 10:58 PM)Pollux Wrote: I saw your document during the economy overhaul and it ignores that not everyone wants to grind for money, some players would rather just roleplay with money being a secondary thing. Punishing those players removes any remaining "RP" aspect of FL, something which has been key to its success in the past.

You cannot expect a player base to grow from just passiveRP. Remember, the cops and criminal dynamic plays a huge part of the economy and general game mode. All vendors, even the chef, sells stuff that will benefit criminal activity. It's the main incentive for people wanting to buy things.

Point is, if you want a lot of stores and RP in the city, you need a lot of people doing criminal role-play, so that the merchants have something to sell. The whole game mode is built around aggressive RP!

Not everyone wants to grind for money and raid, you are correct, however for the vast majority this is what makes the game mode enjoyable. You have to cater to the majority, Pollux.

Quote:Punishing those players removes any remaining "RP" aspect of FL, something which has been key to its success in the past

This is not true. There are plenty of role-play that can be done yet still in this scenario, and nobody is being punished because of it. The success of FL´s passive role-play has been role-play despite of this aggressive environment. People got a reputation for being a passive role-player - and that was respectable. You don't get the same recognition if the aggressive element of the server is weak or non existent.

Quote:I apologise but the past needs to stay in the past. Things have come a long way since 2011

Except things haven't come a long way. The core of the game mode and the meta is still the same. We are so focused on trying to make everything better, that we are not focused enough on what actually works.
And in 2011 things worked. They don't anymore, sorry. Too many baseless changes and flawed updates. One of the best places to start would be the changes to the economy.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 4 Sept - by Haarek - 10-04-2023, 09:55 AM