Poll: Would you be interested in playing City RP again?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.63%
40 81.63%
No
18.37%
9 18.37%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey - FL Interest
(12-14-2023, 04:28 AM)Pollux Wrote: This applies to a lot of the gamemode, we can't rely on players making things "fun" themselves as they once used to, we have to make the actual gamemode fun and make it flexible so people can still be more creative if they want to.
I 100% agree with this.

The issue has never been that we're not capable of thinking of solutions. It's extremely easy to come up with some good ideas

Obviously it's not, judging by the tirade of bad decisions that have been made in the past years. Coming up with good ideas is easy, but unfortunately it is equally as easy to come up with bad ones. Furthermore, it is clear that some ideas and implementations don't show their destructive nature until later down the line - the mining update (And later the farming update) is a clear example of that. Where these additional money making system completely destroyed the economy of the server over a longer time period.

As example, the farming update was a great idea but ultimately led to unforeseen consequences in the truest nature later down the line - suddenly we dramatically reduced the amount of player interaction needed to make a capital.

I think one of the most important aspects of the CityRP gamemode to understand, is that it is centered around criminality - which is paradoxical because it is fronted as a passiveRP server. Without criminal players the server simply doesn't go around - because the whole backbone and meta of the mode is built around making money through illegal money printers and weed - with a government that suppresses them, and merchants that capitalise off the power struggle.

This whole core gameplay aspect breaks down when you introduce passive ways of making money, because the need to be a criminal disappears if there are more efficient ways to make capital. What is the point of being a criminal then? Well, there isn't any. Which reduces the amount of criminals and in turn reduces the amount of customers for the merchants.

I think capturing this essence and meta of the gamemode is critical if you want to improve and populate the gamemode. And after this core aspect is solidified we can talk about improving the merchant roles further with - for example: shipments and finite weapon storage in the inventory - Because merchants increases player retention - new players gravitate towards it like moths.

In short, we don't want the criminal role-play to be simply a mediocre option - it needs to be the best option available to make money by far. Or else you are simply breaking down the meta of the gamemode.

(12-14-2023, 04:28 AM)Pollux Wrote: The cooking system also then adds a lot more depth to an otherwise boring role, as it's much more fun than just buying stuff from the market and giving it to someone else.

So based on what I have written here, I think working on these things is a misunderstanding of the underlying issues the gamemode is facing. It is a great idea, don't get me wrong - but it´s not going to help FL´s current situation. You have to tackle the core issue first.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • De CodeerHeer

Messages In This Thread
Survey - FL Interest - by Nacreas - 12-10-2023, 07:40 AM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Pollux - 12-11-2023, 04:18 AM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Haarek - 12-11-2023, 10:51 AM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Pollux - 12-11-2023, 01:16 PM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Haarek - 12-14-2023, 12:13 AM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Pollux - 12-14-2023, 04:28 AM
RE: Survey - FL Interest - by Haarek - 12-19-2023, 02:27 PM