The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 16 Oct
(11-02-2023, 02:22 AM)Rossi Wrote: I've always loved the forums, however, is there a point in using this anymore?

I know scripts are used or hooks that tie some functions to them or something like that. I feel the old gaming community relied heavily on a website, but now everyone uses discord.

Why spend money to keep this running rather than a seriously integrated discord that can mimic a website?

An interesting and important question. Let’s go over it.
  • Firstly, the forums don’t really cost extra to run. We need to run our admin and game panels, so having the forums alongside that isn’t really a big issue cost-wise.
  • Secondly, there’s a huge amount of history on the forums, going back so many years, we wouldn’t want to just delete that.
  • Lastly, we’ve seen that discord doesn’t really work well for longer-lasting “discussions”, such as suggestions, bug or appeals.
With all of this, we wouldn't really be able to integrate a discord to the same level, we'd still need a site for a variety of things, ban listings, changelogs, steamid looks, character / dupes management.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 3 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Awestruck, mintblackbeard, Rowan13

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 16 Oct - by Doctor Internet - 11-02-2023, 02:06 PM