Forum Unwarning Request?
Since I posted on the thread in question and Suarez has named me as involved I'm fairly certain I'm allowed to post here, if not I apologize.

I've been subscribed to the creator of this app, Casey Neistat, for a number of years as he's an awesome videographer and he's grown quite a following since selling a movie of his to HBO a few years back. Seeing as the app is only available to a handful of people (you can download it now but cannot use it) I don't really see how this is advertising more than showing off a new social media app that is in the works. Depending on your definition of advertisement I hardly doubt he was paid to post this material or either the entire news section of the forums is breaking forum rules. I realized the thread had been removed before this thread since I was looking to further discuss about this app only to not find it anywhere.

The Verge's 'endorsement' material was actually important in describing the app since Casey is actually good friends with many people in that company and of course gave them full access to the app before other technology news outlets, meaning they're really the only ones with an original article and full access to the app. As for the video it is the creator himself talking about the app on his personal channel and helped explain the functionality. It would seem we need a more clear definition of advertisement on the forums.

Messages In This Thread
Forum Unwarning Request? - by Suarez - 07-17-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-17-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Suarez - 07-17-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-17-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Noble - 07-18-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-18-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Forum Unwarning Request? - by Faustie - 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM