The sense of entitlement
I've noticed through reading the forums and playing on the server for about 500 hours now, something the old guard of the server must have known for a long time now. A lot of the new players feel very entitled to a lot of crap don't they? From people crying about "aboose" to the thought process "there aren't any admins on so I can do whatever I want, then argue about it later cause no one will know the truth." I'm old, I can admit that, but when I go into someone elses home I don't act that way. Not in their work place, their server, their websites or their threads. If I have an opinion I state it, if my opinion isn't wanted I tend to leave it alone, if I've been wronged I debate it before taking more serious actions. These are MY ways and I'm not trying to enforce them onto others. The thing that gets me is when your wrong, admit it. Don't throw a fit, make a scene, or cry. It gets you no where when your older. If I went to my boss and bitched and moaned about how I deserve more and should run everything and he would be fired if I were in charge, I'd lose my job. Yet a LOT of new players come here, think they don't need to read the rules, use the excuse they don't know them when they break them, then cry "aboose" or "he's your friend". I want to put it out there that if your one of those people, you look pretty pathetic and stopping now would help you a lot more in the long run. If you "don't care" then just leave the damn server group. Your not the biggest troll and even if you were, was does that title mean? "I'm king a@^hole" cause if that's the case I'd like to point out that the "king dick f*&ks king a$#holes as often as he f#&ks queen pu&&3es" and at that point your still going to get f#&ked.

Case in point, I had a passive RP going where I make snowmen. This guy came by as I was leaving and I express how I had to install plates to try and stop mingebags from shooting my stuff while I was working. I come back later and he asks me to make him a snowman. Then when I set up a new display right before I start making his he decided to shoot the head off, then say "Ha Ha, I trolled you". Then had the balls to ask me if I was going to make his snowman.

Second case in point, 95% of the admin abuse thread is really just ban requests in the wrong place and people mad because they got banned. I think that I could raise that to 99.9% but I always leave a 5% window. To give you an idea of what admin aboose really is, go to most of the darkRP servers. They sometimes even have special jobs called admin where they can do anything and end up banning when they lose. How about on another server where the admin hands out bans to people that don't give him in game money every payday. Or on another server where they will kill you if you do anything near them, but if you kill them you get banned because they don't like losing their stuff.

On this server group I've been in gunfights/raids/and armed robbery with and against the admin staff. Most the time no one gets in trouble. Is it cause we're all friends? If your one of the people I've been calling you, your first response is probably "yeah". Fact is I don't know many of the admins really. I know of them and how some of them operate, but I don't know them nor do I care. Nothing gives me more joy then to kill or arrest them when they are against me, and if we're on the same team then I hope they don't go down but I will treat them like I treat anyone else and help where I can.

Finally, let me just say it directly. If you feel like your entitled to anything because you donate, your friends with someone, your young, you don't care, your god or for any other reason, and you haven't earned your keep, do us a favor and shut up, get a box of oreos and a gallon of milk, put on some twilight, play justin bieber, and sit back knowing everyone hates you which is unfair cause your the center of the universe. While your at it draw a stick figure of me pointing at you and laughing, because that's what I do every time I notice that your one of those people.

If you find this offensive and are not one of these people, I apologize. Maybe I just need to stop reading the forums or log in to the server for a few days. However if I did that, I wouldn't be able to make snowmen or post ban requests on people that go out of their way to ruin other people's day because if they couldn't do that, their life would be meaningless. They'd go outside and play, but even the "loser" group takes their lunch money and no one can afford the padded suit they need to survive outside.

P.S. This isn't a cry for attention. I'm sincere in my message that I really just wish these people would shut the f&#k up.
The following 4 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow, Weecow, Haarek, BambusBo
Oh these golden words...
I wish minges would have been forced to read it every time they join forums
True. The admins and moderators here do an awesome job.

I hope minges see this topic. Maybe, just maybe, they'll change.
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • BambusBo
(01-23-2013, 09:32 AM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote: Oh these golden words...
I wish minges would have been forced to read it every time they join forums
Will give you props for that, Jokhah. I agree
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
GMod 13 resulted in more options, though more minges, we have to live with them and deal with them, but let's hope that they understand what you brought us today.
(01-23-2013, 10:02 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: True. The admins and moderators here do an awesome job.

I hope minges see this topic. Maybe, just maybe, they'll change.

Minges...minges never change.
So true. There's no actual admin abuse thread that was in fact, admin abuse.
Lead by example.
I would like to point out something. We, and by we I mean nearly everyone, are rather lucky to have as fair a system as possible. I know there will be a large majority of people who when they read those words will think 'You fucking nutjob, this server is shit as fuck and the admins ban all my friends and fuck up and shit'. Well, of course to people who have no urge to follow the rules that will be the case; and clearly nothing will ever be perfect. People will make mistakes, emotions will get too tense and the wrong decision may come about now and again.

But if there is one thing I can say, from experiencing around a week of some DarkRP addiction a while back, it is that here at Fearless things are much brighter then most places. (of course, there may be communities and servers that are a utopia, if you're a part of one then power to you! Oh and pm me the place Tounge) I had barely spent half an hour on a server before being banned simply for raiding an admin. No reason, simply he got pissed and banned me. I was also the subject of un-regulated minging of epic proportions and abuse that on Fearless would result in instant demotion.

So, the next time you think about posting an abuse thread or consider complaining; take the time to think about life in the under priveleged and downright scary world of DarkRP. And then think about the benefit of having somewhat elected administrators and not donor admins, having a courthouse so the option to appeal is there and having a system whereby the large majority of roleplay can do about without the epic mingebag proportions found in many other servers.

Note: This isn't some dickhead fanboy message but a genuine conclusion that I have come to. I haven't gone too in-depth and clearly there may be some points that are debatable but Fearless is in no way perfect. Flaws exist everywhere and Fearless has it's flaws but for the large part I am pleased to be a part of a community like ours.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow
(01-23-2013, 05:16 PM)Adman Wrote: I would like to point out something. We, and by we I mean nearly everyone, are rather lucky to have as fair a system as possible. I know there will be a large majority of people who when they read those words will think 'You freaking nutjob, this server is shit as *** and the admins ban all my friends and *** up and shit'. Well, of course to people who have no urge to follow the rules that will be the case; and clearly nothing will ever be perfect. People will make mistakes, emotions will get too tense and the wrong decision may come about now and again.

But if there is one thing I can say, from experiencing around a week of some DarkRP addiction a while back, it is that here at Fearless things are much brighter then most places. (of course, there may be communities and servers that are a utopia, if you're a part of one then power to you! Oh and pm me the place Tounge) I had barely spent half an hour on a server before being banned simply for raiding an admin. No reason, simply he got pissed and banned me. I was also the subject of un-regulated minging of epic proportions and abuse that on Fearless would result in instant demotion.

So, the next time you think about posting an abuse thread or consider complaining; take the time to think about life in the under priveleged and downright scary world of DarkRP. And then think about the benefit of having somewhat elected administrators and not donor admins, having a courthouse so the option to appeal is there and having a system whereby the large majority of roleplay can do about without the epic mingebag proportions found in many other servers.

Note: This isn't some dickhead fanboy message but a genuine conclusion that I have come to. I haven't gone too in-depth and clearly there may be some points that are debatable but Fearless is in no way perfect. Flaws exist everywhere and Fearless has it's flaws but for the large part I am pleased to be a part of a community like ours.

I think I just cried some patriotic man tears, that was beautiful;
I myself have not been on a darkRP server, this is the only server I've been on and will be the only server I go on (most likely) I don't plan on joining a DarkRP server anytime soon that's for sure!

Having donor admins would really suck, I mean the amount of people who donate to this server and think they know everything and are always right and make sure they mention they donated in every single unban request just imagine what it would be like if they could donate to become a mod/admin, "I hold a grudge on you for getting me banned so now I will ban you!" "You punched me once? BANNNNNNNNNNNNNN"
Etc.

I myself only donate to the server because I love this server and wish to see it expand with new ideas, and of course any flaws to be removed.

One thing I am sure of is that the current moderators and admins are all deserving of their positions, they haven't just gone to Soul saying something like I'll give you free stuff if you give me moderator status, but that can also be a problem (Finding a decent person to be a moderator, not bribing Soul) Is that people will always complain about lack of moderators, it's unavoidable.
Lead by example.