Transmission repair
Rainbow 
Hey there everyone!

Decided to make a little post telling you what I do for a living and try to help and revive FL any way I can(don't tell me it's already dead).

So basically I work at a transmission repair workshop and made some progress throughout the years. I started as a student valvebody repairman and grown to something bigger than that. We got a new branch open not too long ago and I happened to be in charge of the tech department.
What I can tell you about it is that it's not as easy as it might seem since the more you do the more  defects you find overall, some of which are surprises even for the old ones. It's not as hard either if you put enough effort and understand the way it works.

The new place we got was a big mess when we moved it and we're making it better with constant upgrades like buying lots of new tools and making it look and feel good. I face new challenges everyday as I've got subordinates who need and demand stuff which I have to get approved by the superiors and I need to control their results. It's really time taking when they're new and have no experience, I need to work extra to get time actually doing my job once I'm done teaching them, but it gets better with every day as they learn.

We repair any kinds of transmissions like AT, CVT and more so gotta keep a lot in mind. Such a wonderful feeling when you make a car running perfectly after it was towed to the workshop.
I'll attach some pictures with defects and misc.

Feel free to ask any questions below and I'm gonna try and answer all of them considering my experience*

* Take note there are regional market differences and I might not know everything about all of the existing transmissions, especially really old ones as we now don't take anything older than 2006 as it's not expedient

The following 2 users Like Atlas's post:
  • Lewwings, Kappatalist
my porsche 944 transmission makes screechy noises when I shift from 1st to 2nd when it is cold
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(05-15-2024, 02:35 PM)gin Wrote: my porsche 944 transmission makes screechy noises when I shift from 1st to 2nd when it is cold

Might be broken or something idk
(05-15-2024, 02:35 PM)gin Wrote: my porsche 944 transmission makes screechy noises when I shift from 1st to 2nd when it is cold

But jokes aside, considering it's tempereture dependent, I might assume an oil or valve body issue, including solenoids as there's some kind of ZF I assume which are known for solenoid failure while being pretty reliable. So something liquid related. Could also be about TCM. And what about the noise, there could be a variety of reasons. How loud is the noise?