Same IP on some accounts??
So, my big brother started to play fearless RP for a while ago and he was telling me to start playing this game cuz it is awesome. So he made an steam account for me and some of his friends. He also bought GarrysMod to 3 people on the accounts. My question is that, do we get banned for double account if we got same IP. If my friend come home to me and borrow my Bros computer and log in on his own account, do we get banned. My brother made 3 steam accounts on his computer and gave away them. Are we getting permanent banned then? We use to borrow his computer to to play. I don't get that IP thing. I really don't want to get permanent banned for double accounting and I am sure my friends doesn't want that either. Please help me.
Having two accounts on the same IP is not usually an issue unless you are actually suspected of owning and playing on both. It wouldn't hurt however to be on the safe side and inform the admin team that its legitimate, that's exactly what I did when my brother started playing.
Just pm Temar or something to try and Verify that all the accounts are your brothers and friends etc.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Me and 2 other friends has been playing on here on the same IP several times, no problems has happend to any of us.
Seems highly odd to me someone who is "new" to Fl would ask a question that's not really specified anywhere ae a rule... However, without being the devils' advocate, they are correct in what they've said. So long as neither your or your brother connect while the other is banned and the account was acquired through a steam copy or a CD code, not family shared, you'll be fine. However, checking with Temar, Soul or BlackShadow will be best, just so you're on the safe side.
Ok, but why does people get permabanned by console sometimes?
If you have been banned on Fearless then make another account with family sharing on, you will automatically be ban when joining Fearless on the new account, this is because you have shared the same games between the banned and the new account.
Ok, thanks everyone for your support. (:
(10-03-2014, 02:48 PM)Jamster Wrote: So long as neither your or your brother connect while the other is banned.

Unless policy has changed, that isn't strictly true. If you are brothers then why should one not be allowed to play for the other's stupidity?

If you're not the same guy it's fine. My brother and I didn't get banned, just having the same IP doesn't make you liable for "double accounting".
Regards,
aviator
(10-03-2014, 04:22 PM)Aviator Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 02:48 PM)Jamster Wrote: So long as neither your or your brother connect while the other is banned.

Unless policy has changed, that isn't strictly true. If you are brothers then why should one not be allowed to play for the other's stupidity?

If you're not the same guy it's fine. My brother and I didn't get banned, just having the same IP doesn't make you liable for "double accounting".

I thought it ran on IPV4 not local Ip, my mistake.