Unban request: Xsum (Enoch 'Booze' Thompson)
Your name:
Enoch 'Booze' Thomspon
Your ban ID:
Banned by:
[FL] Narcotic
Reason:
Tranquilizing with no sufficient reason, promoting extreme aggressive rp
Involved:
-A
Why we should unban you:
What happends is this. I was playing all day, playing a good roleplay Corleone family when I got to a point where I was driving to the UM and saw some guys with guns pointing at my car. Nothing really happens but I wanted to teach them a lesson. So I grabbed a tranqualizer sniper and shot one of the guys and wanted to drive away.

Stupid, yes. Worth a 14 days ban? Well I think thats a bit overrated, even for someone who donated to the server. I find it powerabuse and most of all annoying for admins not giving any warning before a 14 day ban. If he told me to stop, I stopped and wouldn't do it again.

Also I find the reason: "Promoting aggresive RP" not justified. With many people raiding and forcing a way into Nexus and wars going on between Corleone and the Rebels. I find that more aggresive RP then what I did.
(01-21-2014, 04:18 PM)xsum Wrote: Well I think thats a bit overrated, even for someone who donated to the server. I find it powerabuse and most of all annoying for admins not giving any warning before a 14 day ban.

Donating doesn't change a single thing about how the rules are applied to you so don't even try to bring it up as an excuse.

Also, if you have evidence of a staff member abusing their powers, post a report in the appropriate sub-forum. Make sure to read the rules for posting such a thread though.
This is exactly what I am trying to discuss. You are talking to me as I am some kind of young kid who needs to be learned a lesson. 'so don't even try to bring it up as an excuse' Why would I not bring it up that I donated to the server? I know it doesn't change a fact that I might broke a rule, but I find a lack of 'customer service' if someone bans you for 14 days without a warning even though you pay for an extra service, and showing appreciation for the server and script makers.

I am a human being, also 21 years old. I do not appreciate to be handled like some kind of stupid young minge who tries to ruin the server. I do not need a 14 days ban to learn from this, if Narcotic just told me to stop I stopped. It's not that I minged the whole day, I just made one little mistake.

But I will post an admin abuse post, as though this unban request still remains to be solved.

EDIT:

Before posting an admin abuse thread - Is it abuse?

The following points are no abuse:

- Banning you, even if you don't like the reason, make an unban request for this.

I guess that means I am at the right topic.
You are donating for the upkeep of the servers and the prolonged existence of the community, not for special treatment.
(01-23-2014, 12:49 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: You are donating for the upkeep of the servers and the prolonged existence of the community, not for special treatment.

Understood, but this does not change my point of view about the way admins should warn and punish people. He could start with restricted weapon access for a day or so.
You don't get to choose what punishment you get, each individual case has a different perspective and that is taking into account each and every time. You blatantly jumped out of your car and tranquilized another person straight up for having a gun out, he hadn't even shown any hostility to you, infact he was quite far away and you had just showed up, that is a blatant promotion of extreme aggressive RP.

Denied.