is this allowed?
Is this allowed or not?

Your base defenses:

A1) You and two of your buddies have a base. You get a Rifle and post up across the street. You can shoot anyone at their door from your window. Some raiders come up or a cop starts to ram down the door. Your friend PM/skypes you that they are being raided. So you pick them off. Is this allowed?

This shouldn’t be considered metagaming even if using skype cause it’s basically a faster version of type PM. But I was wondering if since your stuff is in there and you are a team, can you cover each other. Some would say well you can’t just randomly help people using deadly force, cause then everyone would claim “dats my buddi I were just helping!!!”. But its not random when all of your stuff is in there, just seems like a good strategy to me.

A2) You own a compound such as the industrial complex. Each of you is in a different area. So when they enter can you open fire from multiple buildings and directions?

A3) If you walk up to your base and cops/raiders are all out front and they are about to break in, they don’t see you yet as they are focused on the building. Can you open fire on them or do you have to go inside and defend? (If they are already breaking in or attempting to of course, not just cause they are standing out front and you are scared.)

Checkpoints in your base:

B1) You set up your fading door checkpoint and force them into a narrow hallway in order to get to the keypad. Which isn’t illegal and actually advised. But on the side of the hallway you can see through to them so you can tell if anyone is hacking your door. Which is also allowed and advised. But we like to put a slit in the middle of the hallway running horizontally. This slit is covered by a “fading window” and attached to a button. When pressed the window fades so you can shoot through. So one guy pushes the button while the other shoots through the slit and kills the raiders. Is this fair since you can wait till there back is turned to do it? I think it is. They can still shoot back through your slit so its not exploiting. It is also not a guaranteed win as it has failed before, though rarely.

B2) There is a way you can place a props where you can shoot their feet from far enough back and they cant shoot you. Is this allowed? For instance you place a prop hanging from the ceiling of course, with just a bit of space from the ground. If you back up a ways, You can hit an intruders feet. But its is unlikely they will hit you back.

B3) If you place props in front of you on the ground and some further up from the ceiling then it allows you to hit an enemies feet without a problem, but it decreases the size of your body showing if not removing it. Can be countered if they are close to you or if they run up and crouch.
B1) Classifies as Doomforting and Fade N Shoot

Why? Because there is a rule regarding that multiple people must fit into the keypad zone, narrow hallway seems like it wouldnt allow many people in.

Having a faded shoot window is bannable, because it is highly abused and especially if the attacker is vulerable / defenceless to the defender.
(07-25-2012, 07:28 PM)Nevinator Wrote: B1) Classifies as Doomforting and Fade N Shoot

Why? Because there is a rule regarding that multiple people must fit into the keypad zone, narrow hallway seems like it wouldnt allow many people in.

Having a faded shoot window is bannable, because it is highly abused and especially if the attacker is vulerable / defenceless to the defender.

Ok so make the hallway bigger? Roger.

But what about leaving the slit there with no fading window? So you can wait then run up and use it when they begin to hack
(07-25-2012, 06:56 PM)KeyofChaos Wrote: A1) You and two of your buddies have a base. You get a Rifle and post up across the street. You can shoot anyone at their door from your window. Some raiders come up or a cop starts to ram down the door. Your friend PM/skypes you that they are being raided. So you pick them off. Is this allowed?

This shouldn’t be considered metagaming even if using skype cause it’s basically a faster version of type PM. But I was wondering if since your stuff is in there and you are a team, can you cover each other. Some would say well you can’t just randomly help people using deadly force, cause then everyone would claim “dats my buddi I were just helping!!!”. But its not random when all of your stuff is in there, just seems like a good strategy to me.
No, that's metagaming because if you were talking to eachother, raiders would be able to hear you - and PMing is a bit like texting in a way. Using Skype would give you an unfair advantage.

A2) You own a compound such as the industrial complex. Each of you is in a different area. So when they enter can you open fire from multiple buildings and directions?
I don't see why that wouldn't be against the rules. It's a common and effective defensive tactic.

A3) If you walk up to your base and cops/raiders are all out front and they are about to break in, they don’t see you yet as they are focused on the building. Can you open fire on them or do you have to go inside and defend? (If they are already breaking in or attempting to of course, not just cause they are standing out front and you are scared.)
You are allowed to peform some sort of "sneak attack" on the enemies, but be warned that some people might butthurtedly bitch at you for apparently RDMing them.

Yes, butthurtedly is a word now.

Checkpoints in your base:

B1) You set up your fading door checkpoint and force them into a narrow hallway in order to get to the keypad. Which isn’t illegal and actually advised. But on the side of the hallway you can see through to them so you can tell if anyone is hacking your door. Which is also allowed and advised. But we like to put a slit in the middle of the hallway running horizontally. This slit is covered by a “fading window” and attached to a button. When pressed the window fades so you can shoot through. So one guy pushes the button while the other shoots through the slit and kills the raiders. Is this fair since you can wait till there back is turned to do it? I think it is. They can still shoot back through your slit so its not exploiting. It is also not a guaranteed win as it has failed before, though rarely.
As I said in response to question A2, this is a co-ordinated attack and is perfectly okay I'd say.

B2) There is a way you can place a props where you can shoot their feet from far enough back and they cant shoot you. Is this allowed? For instance you place a prop hanging from the ceiling of course, with just a bit of space from the ground. If you back up a ways, You can hit an intruders feet. But its is unlikely they will hit you back.
This should also be perfectly okay, as you are not cheating or expoiting any bugs, but rather employing a clever use of props to give yourself an advantage.

B3) If you place props in front of you on the ground and some further up from the ceiling then it allows you to hit an enemies feet without a problem, but it decreases the size of your body showing if not removing it. Can be countered if they are close to you or if they run up and crouch.
Not really sure what you're asking here.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
B1) Is definitely against the rules, not only for the fade 'n' shoot but also for the small hallway that is one man wide and for the small slits that are against the rules.

Rule 5. Barricades cannot be made so it is impossible for attackers to shoot you. -Applies to B2 in a way.
Rule 6. Fade and Shoots are not allowed (A prop that you can fade with a button, shoot out of, then fade again when you are shot at.) - Elements of B1 are in here.
Rule 9. Doom forts are not allowed. Meaning cannot make it extremly hard for the opposing force to raid you. (ex: mazes, having to crouch or jump over props, small firing holes.) -A generic rule that sort of describes elements of this base.

In regards to the use of Skype, any sort of 3rd party software used to discuss IC situations in a roleplay situation would be metagaming. Using pm or even the /pradio function would be acceptable ways of communicating there.

Apart from the metagaming, all of A are perfectly tactical ways of dealing with situations.
Ok I understand all except the barricade rule. No fading windows. Got that, but you infer that I can't set up props that make it harder for them to hit me. Like a bunker that protects my head and legs isnt ok? Thats considered doomforting? I think I have misread it, as that would take away greatly from defenses.
Essentially you are allowed defences that protect your entire body, however these would be futile as you, theoretically cannot shoot back. The most common form of defence is a bullet proof prop contraption that you can shoot from but when you come under fire you can crouch and wait until you can return fire; essentially like real life.
The things that are disallowed for doomforts are defences that make it impossible for the raiding party to either get to you or to kill you. So defences where you can kill them whilst keypad cracking would be illegal, any form of prop contraption that allows you to kill them but there is no way for them to shoot you (fade 'n' shoot type areas are included in this) are also banned.
That is why I suggested that the 'hanging prop' defence would be banned, it allows you to kill them but, due to their inability to move back the same distance that you can, they wouldn't be able to hit you.

(07-25-2012, 08:15 PM)KeyofChaos Wrote: Like a bunker that protects my head and legs isnt ok?

I think I understand what you mean here, a collection of props that offer a gap for you to shoot through so that when standing up you are able to be hit but when crouching down you cannot be hit? If this is what you mean then this is a commonly used form of defence.

Essentially, as long as there is a way that the raiding part can actually get to you, i.e no propblock or floating bases, and that they have a way of killing you then there is nothing wrong. Theoretically, the doomforting rules are there to stop 'unraidable' bases, if you have planned out and made a good base you should always have the advantage.

I hope this clears things up a little.