Fearless Forums
How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? (/showthread.php?tid=68459)

Pages: 1 2

How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - PokerStar5000 - 02-01-2016

There's a youtube version of this, but it's higher quality on the liveleak one.

Trigger warning, someone being shot: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b49_1454105083

I still wonder why this is considered breaking rules, feel free to discuss in the comments. I know as a fact that this is (Unless scripted in an event) breaking failrp, killing someone in hostage situation.

My opinion on this, is that this does happen IRL and shouldn't be considered as breaking failrp, but yet again, it should not be to the extent where 9 year old cops spray a hostage taker and probably the hostage too and should only be allowed in certain situations as this.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - mintblackbeard - 02-01-2016

If the govournment do not wish to negotiate or negotiations fail, they may engage as stated here :
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=60331&highlight=FearRP+exception

(it may be old staff and old guns but the rules are the same and it is stated the rules do not disallow engaging hostage takers   " the new rules allow police/SRU to attempt hostage rescue, or to be more precise, they don't disallow it"   )

I know of no rule cangel concerning this since and if it has,  iit should be reverted.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - Emil - 02-01-2016

You should probably include a warning that the video includes someone being shot, just in case they don't read the title of the video.

On-topic, I think one of the older admins once said that if you could get a clear shot and if you were able to kill the hostage-taker immediatly, you could shoot him. You just had to make sure that there was no way that the hostage could get hurt (so no other hostage-takers nearby)

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - PokerStar5000 - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 04:22 PM)Emil2205 Wrote: You should probably include a warning that the video includes someone being shot, just in case they don't read the title of the video.

On-topic, I think one of the older admins once said that if you could get a clear shot and if you were able to kill the hostage-taker immediatly, you could shoot him. You just had to make sure that there was no way that the hostage could get hurt (so no other hostage-takers nearby)

Yeah sure, but I've seen people get punished for these kinds of actions, which gives me mixed feelings about this.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - mintblackbeard - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 04:23 PM)PokerStar5000 Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 04:22 PM)Emil2205 Wrote: You should probably include a warning that the video includes someone being shot, just in case they don't read the title of the video.

Yeah sure, but I've seen people get punished for these kinds of actions, which gives me mixed feelings about this.

I have a link to the thread I sent just in case someone says I can't do it xD.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - PokerStar5000 - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 04:27 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 04:23 PM)PokerStar5000 Wrote:

I have a link to the thread I sent just in case someone says I can't do it xD.

Oh okay Tounge
I just wanted a discussion going so yeah there it goes I guess xD

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - Random - 02-01-2016

You can in fact kill someone in FL during a hostage situation, like stated above.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - MegaOmega - 02-01-2016

That video changed my mind on criminal rp.
Dammmmmn,

You can shoot them in FL. As long as it kills them (I think)

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - Heinz Helmut - 02-04-2016

I agree with you OP. But it seems that this is already in the rules somewhere (as stated by someone on this post). There's a few things that grind my gears lately, like, how a man with a baseball bat can hold 3 guys up and it'd be failRP for one of them to take a gun/knife out.

RE: How realistic can a hostage situation get on FL without getting blacklisted? - goigle! - 02-09-2016

(02-01-2016, 04:10 PM)PokerStar5000 Wrote: Trigger warning

this does not exist

anyway, anything with guns on FL is not going to be even semi realistic. You can try and RP some things about but unless you have experienced roleplayers on both sides it is not going to be even remotely realistic.