Fearless Forums
CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: CityRP Update "Red Alert" (/showthread.php?tid=57144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - De CodeerHeer - 01-31-2015

You want to keep a 6 year old hud, which is clearly outdated for something that is responsive, refreshing and more innovative?

Why fill up your screen with an empty space of color? Why not make the HUD less for more game? Why not change with instead of keeping everything old and outdated? You're all not autistic are you? ( No offence for those who are ). It seems, on every graphical update FL get most of you all dislike it. Why? There is a wonderful menu out there, Everything works, even for that new things are planned. Going to dislike that to? Because the old one looks better? Which is 6 years old?

With the new hud we tried to bring in more game instead more OOC. Feel like you're in the game, no heads-up displays everywhere, just game. Show what you need when you need, the rest isn't important. We're bringing new features, new levels, isn't that good? Should we stay with the just launched version of FL? Cause new updates get you guys irritated?

I'm a guy which has insight, I like developing GUI's. But, it seems there is no place for me here, since most of you rather keep all the old, keep it disgusting and frame filling instead of rolling with the latest technology.

I put a lot of time in my scripts, make them as responsive as they can be, to fit everyone's style. But some things aren't just available because they look disgusting. The default sandbox HUD is two-sided too, and no-one cares about it.

We tried to make one hud, diffrent elements with all the same style. Less but more. We kept it all simple flavoured with the FL style. We try to be diffrent, professional, amazing. But if we need to keep the old default shit, what's the point?

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - yarrrs - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 01:07 AM)Wood Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 12:45 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 12:28 AM)Wood Wrote: I think you need to all chill out a bit, and just take a moment to consider the amount of time that has been put into the updates. It's fine if your not a fan of the HUD, but let's try all stop complaining? Maybe instead of asking to remove it, suggest what you'd like changing/modifying so Mavis can actually take it into consideration instead of "omg remove it is disguising".
Quote: Edit: I have just seen a screenshot. I stand by my words, there is no improvement here. A bit of criticism: Move the food and health bar back, no point to look at different parts of the screen for essential information when it was fine how it was to start off with.
You the type that reads the first sentence and immediately jumps to conclusions?
 I personally find this "Hud update" as a downgrade. He removed the backdrop which was vital to make reading it easier, for just a backdrop behind the words which, personally for me, makes it harder to read. 
I'll ask again, why was the old completely functioning HUD removed for this? Do everything you need for a proper update, then update it accordingly. Also, there should be a vote from the community for this type of update, changing the hud is a huge preference thing, not just something you can update like a bug.

Edit: And complaining is how you get your voice heard, it's human nature.

If you read what I put, can you please point out where I directed it at you in the slightest? You've infered it was directed at you by putting your own quote in bold, but it wasn't aimed at you directly in the slightest of ways.

I was merely stating people should give their opinion, as you did in your highlighted part, instead of just complaining. (Once again, isn't directly aimed at you)

lol, so you're saying that you would have said what you posted originally even if I didn't post what I posted? Looking at recent posts, I'm the only guy really complaining here, and Blurr offered criticism with his complain aswell. Don't play like you didn't direct that to me...

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Jono - 01-31-2015

I think you're taking opinions too personally. People are giving you feedback, a lot of which is in fact constructive. Perhaps when implementing features which massively change the look/nature of the game, you should actually ask the community what they'd want from it, or if they want a change in the first place. That's one way to avoid a massive shitstorm.

(01-31-2015, 01:09 AM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: You want to keep a 6 year old hud, which is clearly outdated for something that is responsive, refreshing and more innovative?

Why fill up your screen with an empty space of color? Why not make the HUD less for more game? Why not change with instead of keeping everything old and outdated? You're all not autistic are you? ( No offence for those who are ). It seems, on every graphical update FL get most of you all dislike it. Why? There is a wonderful menu out there, Everything works, even for that new things are planned. Going to dislike that to? Because the old one looks better? Which is 6 years old?

With the new hud we tried to bring in more game instead more OOC. Feel like you're in the game, no heads-up displays everywhere, just game. Show what you need when you need, the rest isn't important. We're bringing new features, new levels, isn't that good? Should we stay with the just launched version of FL? Cause new updates get you guys irritated?

I'm a guy which has insight, I like developing GUI's. But, it seems there is no place for me here, since most of you rather keep all the old, keep it disgusting and frame filling instead of rolling with the latest technology.

I put a lot of time in my scripts, make them as responsive as they can be, to fit everyone's style. But some things aren't just available because they look disgusting. The default sandbox HUD is two-sided too, and no-one cares about it.

We tried to make one hud, diffrent elements with all the same style. Less but more. We kept it all simple flavoured with the FL style. We try to be diffrent, professional, amazing. But if we need to keep the old default shit, what's the point?

The 6 year old HUD in my opinion is better than what your updated one is. It's pointless to remove the backdrop for the text, it's harder to read the white text-based information now. Food and Health bars are on the right side of the screen, this is also pointless because you have to move your eyes to the complete other side of the screen when it was fine how it was to begin with. Not a single person to my knowledge has complained hard enough to make such an unpopular HUD change, and if people like it now, so be it, it's personal preference, but I'm letting you know the real facts about it.

It's extremely professional to be calling players of the community autistic, you know? I'm psyched about this update, Fearless has been in dire need of such an update since I joined this community back in March of 2012, however I'm informing you that one part of it is simply not required.

In roleplaying environments, a HUD is required to maintain your persons needs. What the hell would The Sims be without a notifications bar saying when your person has to piss? The option to remove the hud was an excellent decision and should be implemented as I believe it has been for months at this point now. Don't think the community does not like this update, because that's not what is going on, it's just one aspect that was perfect how it was before. 

Latest technology... No, this HUD could have been implemented as it stands when FL was introduced. Again, no need to cry buddy, you're taking criticism waaaay to personally at this paragraph now.

Hah, no comment on this paragraph... 

I understand what you're trying to do with this HUD, but let me reiterate now that it's simply not needed. Also, giggled at professional.

(01-31-2015, 01:13 AM)Jono Wrote: I think you're taking opinions too personally. People are giving you feedback, a lot of which is in fact constructive. Perhaps when implementing features which massively change the look/nature of the game, you should actually ask the community what they'd want from it, or if they want a change in the first place. That's one way to avoid a massive shitstorm.

Basically my thoughts.

I don't take anything to personal, I love critism, critism is the way to success, but people also need to understand that some things need to change, especially when their old, outdated and disgusting.

The hud needed a revolution, a serious revolution, an Semi-Serious Roleplay solution, Less is more. All the important information happens on the right, where the notifications comes in. Most people seem to ignore them, but they are ment to notify you. That's a reason why everything happens right. The side where it happens on windows, on mac, on Linux and every other operating system, game and whatever I know. The most important side of the game.

But all fine with me. If you want an option to put the information on the left I will make an option. But I warned all of you, it looks Disgusting.

(01-31-2015, 01:29 AM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: I don't take anything to personal, I love critism, critism is the way to success, but people also need to understand that some things need to change, especially when their old, outdated and disgusting.

The hud needed a revolution, a serious revolution, an Semi-Serious Roleplay solution, Less is more. All the important information happens on the right, where the notifications comes in. Most people seem to ignore them, but they are ment to notify you. That's a reason why everything happens right. The side where it happens on windows, on mac, on Linux and every other operating system, game and whatever I know. The most important side of the game.

But all fine with me. If you want an option to put the information on the left I will make an option. But I warned all of you, it looks Disgusting.

Lol m8, you straight up called us autistic, and said you have no spot in this community because we gave you criticism. 

Personally, the HUD currently is fine, however I trust that if you have a planned HUD that is much better than what it is currently, make it entirely to it's full potential, then release it. There is no point to make a HUD, remove a couple features, call it an update, and slam it in and literally tell us to get used to it.

Concept ~ 1 year ago

Hud now

What "Features" are removed? I've only seen new added.
Jarz: however I trust that if you have a planned HUD that is much better than what it is currently, make it entirely to it's full potential, then release it. There is no point to make a HUD, remove a couple features, call it an update, and slam it in and literally tell us to get used to it.
This is the hud, which cost me a shitload of time getting it all professional fixed. No features removed, only added. Slimmed down. Even mechanic had to be moved to a later date for finalizing everything. And you call that "Removing features, call it an update and then slamming it in"? And finally telling me that I take critism to personal. What are you real points exactly?

OT:
Enjoy your day tomorrow with console var: cl_oldleft 1
If there is more I can do. I like to hear it.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Baskingner - 01-31-2015

I think the new HUD looks fine, it will just take some time to get used to for most people. I feel you are complaining way too soon, give it a chance.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Bradley - 01-31-2015

Finally! Updates! The HUD is really nice and is very unique compared to the old one. The notifications are a great concept to have. The only thing I think is weird is the voice communication box. Other than that the update is great'!

Thank-you to the development team!