Fearless Forums
CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: CityRP Update "Red Alert" (/showthread.php?tid=57144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Wood - 01-30-2015

The coding is correct, just means more time to perfect it and make it at a better stage to release.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Dick - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 04:31 PM)Wood Wrote: The coding is correct, just means more time to perfect it and make it at a better stage to release.

Ah Right. I see.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - De CodeerHeer - 01-30-2015

There no way it would be possible to revert to the old hud with an option, too much script needs to be rewritten for no reason. Get used to it, and you will love it.

As Nevy stated (You're a magican?) there are 2 options to hide the hud or show it on hold of a key. Hold C > HUD > Show hud on hold of an key. Then in console: bind <key> +cl_showhud

Soon it will be available to toggle some items to be always available and to move the chat to the bottom when not using or seeing the hud.

It all takes time, all I release at the moment is the basic. Extensions come later.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - yarrrs - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 08:49 PM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: It all takes time, all I release at the moment is the basic. Extensions come later.
Wait what?
How in the right mind are yo-
So you're ripping out the OLD HUD, that is COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL, for a NEW HUD, that is NOT COMPLETE? 
And how are you going for FORCE the players of this community to basically get used to it?
The logical decision is to keep the old HUD in the game until you are positive that the newer HUD is an improvement, and not a setback. 

Edit: I have just seen a screenshot. I stand by my words, there is no improvement here. A bit of criticism: Move the food and health bar back, no point to look at different parts of the screen for essential information when it was fine how it was to start off with.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Blurr - 01-31-2015

I am sorry but can you at least do a vote on the new HUD and notification system and see if the community want it or not because being forced into it is stupid. I don't want to get put off by this HUD or notification system that looks disgusting. Please do a vote I think it would be fair and then if it is voted to stay then fair enough.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Mustang - 01-31-2015

I like the new hud. I really don't see the problem with it.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Wood - 01-31-2015

I think you need to all chill out a bit, and just take a moment to consider the amount of time that has been put into the updates. It's fine if your not a fan of the HUD, but let's try all stop complaining? Maybe instead of asking to remove it, suggest what you'd like changing/modifying so Mavis can actually take it into consideration instead of "omg remove it is disguising".

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Jono - 01-31-2015

Simple, have the same layout of the hud as before, but slightly update the graphics (Which has been done).

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - yarrrs - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 12:28 AM)Wood Wrote: I think you need to all chill out a bit, and just take a moment to consider the amount of time that has been put into the updates. It's fine if your not a fan of the HUD, but let's try all stop complaining? Maybe instead of asking to remove it, suggest what you'd like changing/modifying so Mavis can actually take it into consideration instead of "omg remove it is disguising".
Quote: Edit: I have just seen a screenshot. I stand by my words, there is no improvement here. A bit of criticism: Move the food and health bar back, no point to look at different parts of the screen for essential information when it was fine how it was to start off with.
You the type that reads the first sentence and immediately jumps to conclusions?
 I personally find this "Hud update" as a downgrade. He removed the backdrop which was vital to make reading it easier, for just a backdrop behind the words which, personally for me, makes it harder to read. 
I'll ask again, why was the old completely functioning HUD removed for this? Do everything you need for a proper update, then update it accordingly. Also, there should be a vote from the community for this type of update, changing the hud is a huge preference thing, not just something you can update like a bug.

Edit: And complaining is how you get your voice heard, it's human nature.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Wood - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 12:45 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 12:28 AM)Wood Wrote: I think you need to all chill out a bit, and just take a moment to consider the amount of time that has been put into the updates. It's fine if your not a fan of the HUD, but let's try all stop complaining? Maybe instead of asking to remove it, suggest what you'd like changing/modifying so Mavis can actually take it into consideration instead of "omg remove it is disguising".
Quote: Edit: I have just seen a screenshot. I stand by my words, there is no improvement here. A bit of criticism: Move the food and health bar back, no point to look at different parts of the screen for essential information when it was fine how it was to start off with.
You the type that reads the first sentence and immediately jumps to conclusions?
 I personally find this "Hud update" as a downgrade. He removed the backdrop which was vital to make reading it easier, for just a backdrop behind the words which, personally for me, makes it harder to read. 
I'll ask again, why was the old completely functioning HUD removed for this? Do everything you need for a proper update, then update it accordingly. Also, there should be a vote from the community for this type of update, changing the hud is a huge preference thing, not just something you can update like a bug.

Edit: And complaining is how you get your voice heard, it's human nature.

If you read what I put, can you please point out where I directed it at you in the slightest? You've infered it was directed at you by putting your own quote in bold, but it wasn't aimed at you directly in the slightest of ways.

I was merely stating people should give their opinion, as you did in your highlighted part, instead of just complaining. (Once again, isn't directly aimed at you)