Fearless Forums
CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: CityRP Update "Red Alert" (/showthread.php?tid=57144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - SoulRipper - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 05:05 PM)Jono Wrote: The new notifications are disgusting in my opinion. It's obnoxiously colourful, and detracts from your attention every time it comes up. I don't get what was wrong with them before? A picture isn't needed on the car notification, either.

"Looks so much like DarkRP."

Not sure if anyone else feels the same, but I propose that you either make this optional, or at least let one change the intensity/colour of the notification..Honestly it looks amateurish.

Have not seen the government related ones though, so cannot comment upon them.

I agree, the center notifications should not be colored or have an icon, but should be sleek and not drawing too much attention. I'll change that.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Obay - 01-27-2015

I love this, keep it up Mavi,grateful for the work your putting into the server

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Jono - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 06:15 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 05:05 PM)Jono Wrote: The new notifications are disgusting in my opinion. It's obnoxiously colourful, and detracts from your attention every time it comes up. I don't get what was wrong with them before? A picture isn't needed on the car notification, either.

"Looks so much like DarkRP."

Not sure if anyone else feels the same, but I propose that you either make this optional, or at least let one change the intensity/colour of the notification..Honestly it looks amateurish.

Have not seen the government related ones though, so cannot comment upon them.

I agree, the center notifications should not be colored or have an icon, but should be sleek and not drawing too much attention. I'll change that.

Perhaps if you also change the opacity of the 'salary' notification too..It's a bit too strong aswell..Sure it'd be okay if it was around 50%

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - SoulRipper - 01-27-2015

I think the salary is just fine, as it is on the right side of the screen.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Suarez - 01-27-2015

The salary should stay, I like it how it is

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Old Man Jokhah - 01-27-2015

To address the conversation about why underground cannot grow plants. I see people mislabeling the problem they are trying to point out. To clarify, I believe that Flood was the OP.

@Flood

I believe the administration has mislabeled the actual reason as to why they cannot grow food. It obviously wouldn't be fail rp for the rebels who are inherently poor to grow food. If anything it would make more sense that they should grow food. However, statistically the rebel and corleone jobs are the most likely to have contraband and are the only ones other then the BMD who grow weed. If you also allowed them to grow food, the game mechanics would then allow for someone to have full contra, grow weed, and grow food.

Allow that process to soak before continuing and give it some honest thought. It's not to say that this kind of "freedom" (term used to loosely describe the general lack of limitation over the other jobs is this were the case) is a bad thing. That being said, some people do unfortunately come on to contra/base camp, and this would only make that process even easier.

Please allow that to process again, let those gears turn for a long moment. You should already be performing the "how to fix that issue" process like anyone would. I did that too, but then I concluded that the obvious fix to be worse for the general community and would only work for the lesser majority of more experienced players.

The obvious fix would be to add a rule or amend the contrafarming rule for the underground shops to apply to the underground teams as well. I'm referring to the one about you can't contrafarm without performing your job. If you added this extra freedom, then had to add a rule to apply to it, it would be more work. Now for an experienced player this isn't a problem. New players will suffer for it in terms of that's just one more of the hundreds of ways to get banned.

If you chose not to add a rule, then it's more likely that those teams would hide in their fort and farm away. Even worse, the smarter ones would shield themselves with the "no reason to raid because I never even left my base in the past 3 hours" defense. If you're unfamiliar with that, it's when a contra hoe sits in there then immediately contacts the admin for a random raid attempt, to which the admin will peak in the house, see the contra, then have to attempt to piece together if it could be heard, if it was really heard, and passing judgement on the situation. (Random raids, Fear RP, and Fail RP tend to be the cases that can be the hardest and take the most time of an administrator unless they are a witness to the situation)

That is where I ended up after reading over the conversation and giving it some actual thought.

I think the formula should look something like this. To apply to any job.

Contra + Weed or Contra + Food or even Weed + Food.

It would actually make a hell of a lot more sense if the rebels could do weed and food. Druglabs MAYBE. Money printers are actually extremely expensive and the plates used to print the bills cost fortunes to aquire illegally. Sadly, rebels are classified as underground (I.E. not exactly the moral good guys in most cases that we interact with them) and they should not lose the ability to spawn contra, so giving one food and not the other leads to a balance issue, giving them both the ability leads to more potential rule breaks or lack of rp due to base camping.

This all being said, if you gave citizens the ability to grow weed, in addition to contra and food, you will see a decrease in rebel / corleone player useage, because if you want to be the bad guy or contra farm, why would you use the inferior job to do so? As of right now, with citizens being able to grow food and contraband, I speculate that there will be more custom job aggressive players with the "cookie cutter EXCUSE" /job Criminal. Thankfully they cannot grow weed so they are the goto excuse job.

Jobs like Criminal and that other silly one they use to raid the president, Freedom Fighter, have been usually some of the most paper thin rp excuses that have been coming up since the custom job has to be specific rule. I'd hate to see more sloppy, rp in job title only, style bringing a bad name to the groups that do it correctly, but that is where you end up with the more freedom you offer.

MY POINT (incase you skipped)

I agree that it would be far from fail rp to allow the underground jobs to grow food, but I do strongly believe that it would promote behavior unbecoming of roleplay and lean more into the realm of aggressive dark rp style. Adding rules would only lead to more punishments on the less experience players which eventually leads to more permabans. More perms leads to less players in the community, which in turn is not good for the health of the community. Should there be a way to regulate the behavior without additional rules (there are already too many and even some unwritten ones) and without creating a void in the balance of both job useage and job access to features, then perhaps it could work. In the current state though, short of coding more stuff to attempt to regulate/adding even more systems, a real fix is beyond me.

Hope this helps give both supporters and non supporters an unbiased third party look at the pros and cons of that debate.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Wood - 01-27-2015

As Jokhah pointed out, I feel we'll actually be killing the economy if a rebel has full contraband, 5 weed AND 5 plants, which honestly will just ruin the system, I'm edging back to Citizens and Chefs on this one, keep your input coming though.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Venom - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 10:38 PM)Wood Wrote: As Jokhah pointed out, I feel we'll actually be killing the economy if a rebel has full contraband, 5 weed AND 5 plants, which honestly will just ruin the system, I'm edging back to Citizens and Chefs on this one, keep your input coming though.

Rebels are supposedly poor right? So wouldn't it make more sense for them to be growing their food than shelling out thousands of dollars for some Chinese food?

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Old Man Jokhah - 01-27-2015

Vauld

I addressed that issue already. I urge you to please go back and reread my post or perhaps elaborate either a fix or counterpoint as to why upsetting the job balance would be profitable for the economy.

To elaborate: If Rebels can Contra/Weed/and Food, they will end up being the goto farm class. If you take contra from them, they become the perfect stealth contrafarmer due to complete lack of audio detection and would also be completely self sufficient (they would never have to leave and all raid attempts on them become RANDOM by default unless the rebel actually did something completely foolish to get caught. Even worse, if they place it somewhere to get intentionally seen then they now are potentially promoting aggressive rp because they would be attempting to force a raid to happen.

That all being said, I completely agree with your logic that it is more realistic rp. Hell I support your thought train, bro. The problem lies in balancing the economy/job use/misuse and attempting to get more net roleplay gain. The presented idea that the rebels need that access in that specific job would lead to potentially less general rp, a power imbalance (rebels would beat out custom job/corleone hands down for functionality), potentially more rule (which means more bans which means less players in community), and actually could cause more damage to the economy.

If rebels truely wanted food to be grown, they could hire a "farmer" citizen to work the fields and support them. This means more player interactions, more rp job opportunities, and a stronger economy. Food growing in itself promotes Farming, Farmers markets, Grocery stores, wilderness survival, amish/quaker rp, ect. I think that route is much better for the community then allowing one underground job to have an advantage over another at this time.

That all being said, if you are serious about creating a more defined and improved rebel job set and getting them on a more realistic track, feel free to contact me, was working on that project for a few months before my demotion and my mind never stopped working on it and several other job reworks to add definition and realism to the gamemode.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Voluptious - 01-28-2015

Wood

How many plants would one be able to have?