Fearless Forums
CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: CityRP Update "Red Alert" (/showthread.php?tid=57144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Floodify - 01-27-2015

How is it failRP?.. Gun Dealers and undeground jobs needs to eat too and they might as well plant things in their backroom? It's economical too and perhaps not all underground jobs are so fortune to have money enough to buy food, so they plant their own. If there was an option to say all jobs, I think it would be more popular than *just* the citizens.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - GeorgeTheBoy - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 02:23 PM)Floodify Wrote: How is it failRP?.. Gun Dealers and undeground jobs needs to eat too and they might as well plant things in their backroom? It's economical too and perhaps not all underground jobs are so fortune to have money enough to buy food, so they plant their own. If there was an option to say all jobs, I think it would be more popular than *just* the citizens.

Their jobs aren't to grow food and they should be focused on doing other things.

Sure, they need to eat and that is why we have chefs. 

(01-27-2015, 02:35 PM)Antares Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 02:23 PM)Floodify Wrote: How is it failRP?.. Gun Dealers and undeground jobs needs to eat too and they might as well plant things in their backroom? It's economical too and perhaps not all underground jobs are so fortune to have money enough to buy food, so they plant their own. If there was an option to say all jobs, I think it would be more popular than *just* the citizens.

There jobs aren't to grow food and they should be focused on doing other things.

Then it would only but make sense to let only the chefs do the planting and growing, rather than the citizens do now. Not that many citizens grow their own food in real life, but they buy it from a local food store (in this case it'll be the chef). Just my point of view if it should be fair and square, and least to say logical. Undergrounders are humans too, they can grow food too much like a citizen working on Apple Corp. can.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Venom - 01-27-2015

I'm sure rebels would grow food since their poor and wouldn't have a lot of money to afford it along with other types of jobs.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - GeorgeTheBoy - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 03:11 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 02:35 PM)Antares Wrote:

There jobs aren't to grow food and they should be focused on doing other things.

Then it would only but make sense to let only the chefs do the planting and growing, rather than the citizens do now. Not that many citizens grow their own food in real life, but they buy it from a local food store (in this case it'll be the chef). Just my point of view if it should be fair and square, and least to say logical. Undergrounders are humans too, they can grow food too much like a citizen working on Apple Corp. can.

Lots of people grow their own food. People have greenhouses and many grow fruit and vegetables in their back gardens. 

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Noble - 01-27-2015

(01-26-2015, 09:18 PM)Stomm Wrote: I'm worried whats being done with the Police Cars....

Are new vehicles being added?

If so (Please be a Charger), it better not be a Chevy, unless it's the Tahoe of Suburban. Any other Chevy would just burst into flames.

Also, for the siren sounds, are you using sounds from a certain manufacturer, or just generic siren sounds. Because that matters. (Federal Signal is da bomb)

Also, for those interested, here's the siren list (WIP).

Spoiler :
Ambulance - Carson SA-500
 - Air Horn
 - Hi-Lo
 - Phaser
 - Wail
 - Yelp

Firetruck - e-Q2B Siren (FDNY Ver.)
 - Air Horn (2 variants)
 - Wail
 - Yelp

Police - Federal Signal SS2000
 - Air Horn
 - Hi-Lo
 - Priority
 - Wail
 - Yelp

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Faustie - 01-27-2015

I would imagine that the reason the criminal classes can't grow food whereas chefs/citizens can is to do with our job rules. We have rules that specifically state that you should do what your job name entails, and rebels growing plants would just leave them less time to rebel, whereas a citizen could set his job to farmer/gardener and do that as a new RP. We do have chefs for a reason, although they're not very popular now that everyone can fish. I'm still hoping for more chef updates in the future, perhaps with another 2 slots, bringing the total to 4, and some kind of system where their food is much more efficient than everyone else's, giving them a purpose again.

Rebels doesn't need to be aggressive and grow weed and contrawhore, they can build a little community as a refugee from the current city's leaders ^.^ So it makes sense they have access to plant things, maybe not Corleones, but deffy Rebels.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Faustie - 01-27-2015

That's true to some extent, but I feel that if they concentrate on doing that their RP will just become more that of farmers, and there will be less actual focus on any meaningful rebellion. Then again, over half the people on the server still break the job rules and play rebels as just some random criminal gang, and don't actually rebel.

RE: CityRP Update "Red Alert" - Jono - 01-27-2015

The new notifications are disgusting in my opinion. It's obnoxiously colourful, and detracts from your attention every time it comes up. I don't get what was wrong with them before? A picture isn't needed on the car notification, either.

"Looks so much like DarkRP."

Not sure if anyone else feels the same, but I propose that you either make this optional, or at least let one change the intensity/colour of the notification..Honestly it looks amateurish.

Have not seen the government related ones though, so cannot comment upon them.