Fearless Forums
CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode (/showthread.php?tid=51007)

Pages: 1 2

CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - yankeeTY - 08-21-2014

So I'm playing in competitive mode I haven't got a friendly fire ban in a week or so and my finger slips a shoot a friendly with a sawed-off and now a 7 day cool down. I mean I understand 24 hours maybe even 48 hours. But 7 DAYS! That is ridiculous, all because of a mistake? Also, if your internet derps and you can't reconnect in time 7 days. I don't know though, because some people do deserve the 7 day bans. But I think CS:GO should have a "Low Priority" system like DOTA. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the cool downs on CS:GO?

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - Chech - 08-21-2014

My friend DC'ed and got 7 days. It's crazy.

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - yarrrs - 08-21-2014

This does not add up.

You shot a team mate accidentally and I suppose you kill him, that's only one kill. How did you kill 2 other teammates? Does not seem like a mistake to kill your teammates often.

I do agree with the internet ordeal you mentioned as it has happened to me, but what are you gonna do :/

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - yankeeTY - 08-21-2014

That's my question I only shot 1 teammate in that whole game i'm wondering the same thing too unless I didn't notice shooting another teammate during the game. And like I said I haven't shot or killed a friendly in the past week or so.

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - yarrrs - 08-21-2014

(08-21-2014, 04:50 AM)yankeeTY Wrote: That's my question I only shot 1 teammate in that whole game i'm wondering the same thing too unless I didn't notice shooting another teammate during the game. And like I said I haven't shot or killed a friendly in the past week or so.

Perhaps you damaged many other people during your game?

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - DoomDude1 - 08-21-2014

I've played competitive for a really long time a while back and sure, there were friendly fire incidents but I never got so much as a slap on the wrist.

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - James - 08-21-2014

You can get banned for dealing a certain amount of damage to one teammate, kill three teammates or kill someone within the first 10 seconds of a round. However, the seven day ban would be from previous bans, adding up to seven days from twenty-four hours. Technically, it shouldn't jump straight into seven days.

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - Barkles - 08-21-2014

I went AFK for maybe 3-5 mins to get some dinner, came back and got 7 days

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - yankeeTY - 08-21-2014

(08-21-2014, 05:10 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 04:50 AM)yankeeTY Wrote: That's my question I only shot 1 teammate in that whole game i'm wondering the same thing too unless I didn't notice shooting another teammate during the game. And like I said I haven't shot or killed a friendly in the past week or so.

Perhaps you damaged many other people during your game?

I think I realized what happen me and my friends it was my first match in a week or so, so I'm going back a week ago:
Me and my friends always joke around and say that I'm better than you! No I'm better than you! So for bragging rights we would have 5 people in our squad so no randoms and we would damage each other (not crazy damage like down to 1 hp, like 50 to 80 hp) and play like that. And the ban was for too much damage in "recent matches" when I shot a friendly by accident a couple days ago. So now I know why I got "banned" but I don't get how a week of not playing is still "recent." And I think I shouldn't complain about 7 day bans I saw a video when a guy killed a bot and got banned for 364 days.

RE: CS:GO ridiculous cool downs for competitive mode - James - 08-21-2014

The year ban would be because of hacking. That is usually what would cause that. But as Overwatch updated, it has caused any ban that was determined as hacking or majorly disruptive as a permanent ban. While minorly disruptive, which includes griefing will be up to a month worth of ban time.